MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday my new DP Fixed Rear .115" target notch and DP F/O .100" front sight will be here???

The question is which way does the rear & front come out???? Left to Right or vice versa???? I noticed when Mr. Burwell was removing the Rear sight, in order to get the saftey plunger out to do some Mods. to the saftey plunger he removed the Rear sight from left to right!!!!! Does this apply to the front sight also????? Thanks in advance for all the members input !!!!!!

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Left to right looking at the rear of slide or front of slide? It might seem obvious but I have encountered problems when dealing with the obvious.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Just be careful...the firing pin safety spring is held in by the rear sight. It can go flying if you remove the sight too fast...........

·
Registered
115 Posts
yeah

and don't be alarmed if it takes more the "casual" pressure to get the friggin front sight out

or is that don't be alarmed if it takes "hammering the crap out of it" to get it out of the slide ? hmm..

Mine was in there pretty good.. took quite a bit of work to get it out.

Good luck.

Jeff.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yeah, I didnt have a nylon or brass punch so I was using golf tees and sections of oak trim to drift mine out...

golf tees DO NOT work well.

·
Registered
264 Posts
You got yours out using wood. Must not have been in there tight enough
I tried a piece of oak and it broke within a minute or so. I then destroyed a brass punch and had to resort to a steel on to get it moving. And yes, I remembered to remove the set screw before starting to pound on it. Had to use the same steel punch to get my 10-8 sight back in there. Used a piece of leather ot keep from marring the sight up. Was doing well till the very end when had my hand slip so I ended up putting a little ding into the side of the sight. Not too bad, but it still pisses me off to no end. I am thinking that $130+/- might not be a bad idea for a decent sight pusher.

·
Registered
264 Posts
BoomBoom,

That is the one I am looking at, but everyone seems out of stock right now. Midway lists as back in stock on 4/3/07. 1+ on YukonGlocker's question on whether it will work both front and rear sights.

·
Registered
223 Posts
TAZ said:
BoomBoom,

That is the one I am looking at, but everyone seems out of stock right now. Midway lists as back in stock on 4/3/07. 1+ on YukonGlocker's question on whether it will work both front and rear sights.

Yes, it will work on all dovetale sights. I have used it to replace the front and rear sights on my H&K and Sigs and soon on my M&P. I would recommend you put a folded cleaning patch in between the sight and the pusher bar to prevent scratching the sight. It is a very well made tool and worth the wait.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts