Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Removing grip tool was a pain in the butt on my M&P .40

Anybody else have this problem.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes! They are a pain to remove for the first few times. Mine's been out about 10 times, and I still have to use cloth covered pliers to remove it. I hear it will loosen with time.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I had trouble putting mine back in once (with a backstrap that hadn't been on yet). Mine was fairly easy to move at first though (no tools needed). I am worried about the very small tab that locks it into place. I'm pretty sure I could twist that off in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
471 Posts
When the guy at the range store showed me how to do this, on my new gun, my first thought was, WTH are you doing with my new gun. But then I saw how easy it worked

Ron

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yep, that's what the gun shop showed me. Only thing I'd add is that you should use a bit of gun lube on both the tool itself AND the holes/guides in the frame and the backstrap piece. With that, you can (just barely) twist it off with your hands (still hurts for a few seconds) but it is in NO WAY loose (which is what I worried about before I did it). Using a table as shown in the link gets much easier once you use a bit of lube.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts