MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone please show/write instructions for removing the magazine catch. I can disengage the spring and slide the catch out partially but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to use a set of pliars to yank the spring out completely or just 'bend' it out of the way to finish removing the catch.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Just use a flathead screw driver or similar tool to slip it out of the way so the catch comes out.

·
Registered
178 Posts
yeah man, don't pull it all the way out. I had to remove my magazine catch to fine tune it a bit. Move the spring out of the way like cooch said but don't pull it out of the hole.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I find a ball point pen that the point clicks out then clicks in (I am nt a pen guy so I don't know what the correct terminaology is) Anyway click the point in and use it to slide over the spring then you can use it to move the spring in any direction you may need to to get the release out and back in. I find this a lot less frustrating than the screwdriver slipping off three or four times before you get it just right.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
well when you have to do something a several times you can either keep letting it pi$$ you off or you can figure out a way to do it that doens't pi$$ you off.

Working on guns can be very frustrating sometimes, so you really have to look for little things that make life easier so you can keep whats left of your sanity.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Dan Burwell said:
I find a ball point pen that the point clicks out then clicks in (I am nt a pen guy so I don't know what the correct terminaology is) Anyway click the point in and use it to slide over the spring then you can use it to move the spring in any direction you may need to to get the release out and back in. I find this a lot less frustrating than the screwdriver slipping off three or four times before you get it just right.

Good luck!

Interesting.

I use this method also. I guess great minds sometimes do think alike!!! :wink:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dan Burwell said:

Good luck!

Rock and roll...I found a pen with a cap that had enough of a dimple to grab the spring like you've suggested. It made removing the catch a piece of cake. Unfortunately the new catch doesn't fit my frame, but my gripes are in the proper thread.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts