MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sending my slide off to get an Ion Bond coating but I can't seem to get the plastic striker spring guide out of the striker channel. Is there a magic trick to it, special tool, EZ-out, soak it in kroil?

Brownells sells em for $1.39 so I don't mind tearing this one up.

Or shoud I just pay Ion Bond to do it?

Gringop

·
Registered
88 Posts
Usually most companies who offer slide or frame refinishes include detail stripping in their price. Is this not the case with the company you are sending your slide to?

BTW, what is Ion Bond coating? And what is the charge for this service if you do not mind? I have been thinking of getting a different finish put on my M&P. There are alot of uneven spots in the Melonite finish from the factory, and I would like a nice even finish.

Thanks.

The Guinea

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is a 6 page long thread on Benos about IonBond with some pics..

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...6597&st=100

It's a black DLC coating that has tremendous wear characteristics.

I got a quote of $40 for the stripped slide only.

I have alien acid sweat and my Melenite/stainless slide has already rusted in the holster.

If I like what they do to it, I'll send in my whole Kimber Pro HD, on which I have also managed to rust the stainless.

They quoted $300 for a full gun.

Gringop

·
Registered
206 Posts
That looks pretty cool.. And they have a place here in South Carolina.. I wonder if I could just drop it off and pick it up... Hmmmm...

Ben

·
Registered
936 Posts
run a lag bolt up in the channel and turn it just enough so it engages the sleeve.

pull it out, voila! :wink:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got it done. The front of the sleeve has notches in it that you can hook. The sleeve also narrows down toward the front. After I figured that out, I made my hook smaller and out she came.

Gringop

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got it done. The front of the sleeve has notches in it that you can hook. The sleeve also narrows down toward the front. After I figured that out, I made my hook smaller and out she came.

Gringop

·
Registered
936 Posts
good!

·
Registered
936 Posts
good!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts