MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my order from Brownells. I had to order the block with IL/MS and I removed the Mag safety with no problem, just replace the parts from mine to the new one.

However I do not know how to remove the Lock mechanism. Any help would be appreciated.

The gun shoots great NOW but I do not have the tool to unlock the gun if it ever gets locked since my gun came without the MS or the IL.

Thanks, this is a great forum!

·
Registered
6 Posts
m4arc said:
I don't think you can remove the IL. You will need to purchase the SEAR Housing Block without the IL.

I tried purchasing the sear housing from Brownells. They cancelled my order stating that it was a factory installed part. I called S&W to have them install it. They wouldn't take my pistol because of some legal concerns. This happened about 2 months ago. Anyone have a different experience since then?

Ralph

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I've ordered s Sear housing block from Brownells before so my experience has been quite different. Maybe they changed their policy since then?

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
The IL can be removed quite easily. Just turn the block on it's side key side down take a 1/8in punch put it on the back side of the lock and give it a few taps it will pop right out along with a spring and a washer.

I order all my sear blocks with the lock and the mag disco then I can take out the parts I don't need which is a heck of a lot easier then trying to put the parts back in :wink:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mr. Burwell, I took out the flat piece that is beside the hammer and side of frame, and filed off the little tab that causes the lock to rotate into place and work when the key is turned. Is there anything wrong with this? The gun appears unaltered from the outside but the locking mechinism does not work. It never caused any problems for me but after reading of some instances where the lock would accidently lock itself under heavy recoil in the lighter revolvers, I decided to remove any chance of that happening. I have a 386PD, .357 mag.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dan is again...... The Man

Thanks for your help Dan!

I hope that I speak for all on the board in saying that your willingness to share your expertise is greatly appreciated!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts