MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having come over from Glock, would like to buy a .357 Sig barrel for my .40 compact but S&W won't answer my e-mails and Bar-Sto stopped making S&W replacement barrels; where can I find a Sig barrel that will fit my .40 compact? thanks for the help, D

·
Registered
19 Posts
yeah i called smith about a month ago to see if they would send me an extended slide release since i got mine the day they were released and had the 'low drag' release. they said that i should really send it in to have it replaced (at no charge of course) because if i wasnt careful i could break the trigger. while i had them on the phone i asked if i could buy a .357 barrel and they said i couldnt because they havent made them for the public yet because they were still filling orders for police depts.....cant wait!

·
Registered
13 Posts
coltman1985 said:
Just a matter of time! I want a 40 to 9mm conversion barrel!!

A .40 to .357 Sig Conversion only requires a barrel change as they share the same case head dimension. The .40 to 9 mm would require a new slide as their case heads are different dimensions From looking at the S & W web site, a .357 Sig barrel will be $ 92.83 and nothing else required. The 9mm conversion would be $79.20 for the barrel and $22632 for the slide. The ejector may be different but it only cost $1.62. You can probably use the .40 mags and get a round or 2 more capacity, at least I have heard of doing that with XD’s.

I would like to try the .357 Sig but think I would rather buy a 9, but different strokes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
KimberCustomII said:
[quote name='coltman1985']Just a matter of time! I want a 40 to 9mm conversion barrel!!

A .40 to .357 Sig Conversion only requires a barrel change as they share the same case head dimension. The .40 to 9 mm would require a new slide as their case heads are different dimensions From looking at the S & W web site, a .357 Sig barrel will be $ 92.83 and nothing else required. The 9mm conversion would be $79.20 for the barrel and $22632 for the slide. The ejector may be different but it only cost $1.62. You can probably use the .40 mags and get a round or 2 more capacity, at least I have heard of doing that with XD’s.

I would like to try the .357 Sig but think I would rather buy a 9, but different strokes.[/quote]

does that mean you can shoot 38's with that 357 barrel?

·
Registered
5 Posts
does that mean you can shoot 38's with that 357 barrel?[/quote]

No, they are talking about 357 sig. Not 357 magnum. Those are two different calibers. 357 sig is a bottle neck cartridge. 357 magnum is a straight wall cartridge. You can shoot 38's in a 357 magnum, not a 357 sig.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Search Button said:
[quote name='KimberCustomII'][quote name='coltman1985']Just a matter of time! I want a 40 to 9mm conversion barrel!!

I would like to try the .357 Sig but think I would rather buy a 9, but different strokes.[/quote]

does that mean you can shoot 38's with that 357 barrel?[/quote]

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

that would be cool, wouldnt it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts