MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who have had a trigger job on their M&P's, is the trigger reset more postivie than it was when stock, or about the same ? In other words, can you more readily feel the trigger reset after you had the work done or not ? I ask because on a rental M&P 9mm, I could hardly feel the reset at all. I am used to the very definite click of the 1911 trigger as it resets.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I didn't do a complete trigger job - just a good lube plus one of Dan's pre-radiused firing pin blocks. I saw a big improvement in the reset feel.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I just got my pistol back from Dan this afternoon & ran about 75 rounds through it at a local indoor range. I did'nt opt for a long trigger job - just the standard trigger job that Dan does. The initial pull is very smooth and real soft as opposed to the factory pull. I fired about 500 rounds before the trigger job. The factory trigger pull seemed gritty on my pistol in comparison to what I have now. As for the reset - I got a much better feel for the reset but never recall hearing an audible clck during reset as you mention. Perhaps there is a click and I miss it as I'm focusing on the site picture as the gun settles from the initial recoil.

Some folks on this board have stated that dry firing several hundred to a thousand times will loosen the stiffness in the factory trigger pull. Others contend that sending more live rounds down range will loosen the pull as well. I don't doubt either opinoin, in fact I think both opinions have merit. Exercising the trigger dry or live firing makes sense that in time it will loosen to a degree from wear if nothing else.

I chose to pay a very competent gunsmith to rework my trigger and get ahead of the trigger curve in a more timely fashion. Bottom line from my perspective - money well spent!

To put things in another perspective - if you are a partaker in barley water, for about the cost of 2 boxes of barley water beveridges you can get a trigger job.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Burwell Trigger Job

I put an M&P .40 ($419) on layaway. I know right now that I want a trigger job. This website has a ton of valuable information !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts