MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My review is not going to be as good as Ledge's yet as I cannot seem to get my factory rear sight off but here goes so far. I knew these were back ordered so it was quite the suprise when this showed up yesterday.

This is my standard rear sight with the dots blacked out. Many like Novaks and they have been the standard or rear sights for years but I think they are too busy.

Here is my standard front sight painted National Insignia Red. Many of my friends at the gun shop tease me about my Gay front sight but to me it is very fast and easy to pick up.

An extremely bad picture of my sight picture. For me this combination is a nice match of speed and precision. I truly do expect to be better with the Warren though. Can't wait to try it.

My notch on my Novak seems to be just a touch wider than the listed .140"

If we assume mine and Ledge's indicators are close enough for government work my Warren is not quite as wide as the standard .150" either. To me this means my combination might not offer as much of a speed increase as it should. Truthfully there isn't much of a difference between .140 and .150 but it is enough of a difference to give a big gap of light around the front sight. Hopefully when I get mine mounted I will notice the extra light gap as that is why I got these.

For those that it matters to, IMO the finish on the Warren is not as pretty or as good of a match to the factory sight. That does not matter to me as long as they work. I think the design is a good one. Some very great shooters use and swear by them. On my 1911s that have the back of the slide serrated I like my Heinie's, Bomars and the 10-8 sight that is also serrated. On the back of a pistol like our M&Ps that are smooth I think I will prefer the also smooth Warrens.

That is all I can add for now.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Part 2, I did it

Figuring I was going to like this sight I decided to try getting the factory sight off myself. The owner of Adco firearms knows I am particular about how my weapons look unless "I" screw it up by using it. So, I decided to follow my fathers example, hit it harder. It worked, so I have the Warren installed. Some have posted that theirs fit loose in the dovetail. Mine is not as snug as the factory sight but it is in no way loose.

As can be seen there is a noticable light gap surrounding the front sight. To be perfectly honest, being the picky PITA that I am I would have prefered that my sight notch was the listed .150" wide but I am sure in their manufacturing tolerances mine is close enough. The warren also gives you a slight, I mean very slight increase in sight radius. From just playing around in the house I do think the sight works as advertised in leading your eye to the front sight.

I am hoping to get to the range this weekend and try it out to see for sure. Have to check to make sure the elevation is on and set the windage. So far I have to say that I like it but there has to be a range session to be sure.

Stay tuned till then.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
These pictures didn't come out as nicely but here it is with a front NS.

·
Registered
471 Posts
This is exactly the set up that I am considering!

Ron

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ront said:
This is exactly the set up that I am considering!

Ron
A reply to your PM is waiting. I say give the setup a try. I think you will like it. Since my NS got broke while being installed I am trying my orange paint on it to see how it looks. Trying to paint around the white ring so I have orange and white to catch my eye.

·
Registered
471 Posts
How did the NS get broken? I am asking just so I don't have any issues

Ron

1 - 9 of 9 Posts