MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to make this short and sweet.

Installation:

I think ledges review handled this pretty well I just want to mention that the novaks sight are an extrememly tight fit. You pretty much have to have a punch set to get them out. I ended up marking up my sights getting it out. The Warren sight will slide in and with enough thumb pressure you can get it all the way in and re-adjust for windage that way.

Overall:

For me the Warren sight didnt seem to make a lot of difference to me in the sight picture. The gap is slighty bigger but I didnt seem to notice it too much unless I was trying to find a difference. It also didnt seem to draw my attention to the front sight more so than the novaks.

So with that said I'm going to pass up on purchasing these for now since it doesnt seem to make a big difference for me. Not a bad sight but just cant justify the money when it doesn't make a big difference either way.

But Thanks Jester for doing stuff like this its definitely good to try stuff before using it. I cant wait to see what might come around in the future.

·
Site Staff
9,615 Posts
To avoid marking up your sights I would recommend a plastic, rubber or leather mallet, if you need to use a drift punch it should be brass.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Dixiethunder,

I know that you said the Warren didn't make that much difference to you, but could you maybe explain what you did & didn't like about them?? I've painted the rear dots black on my gun and definitely like it better, but I'm trying to hear as many opinions of the U notch sights as i can before i decide what to buy. How'd they do at longer distances, do you think precision suffers??

Thanks for any more info.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It wasn't really a matter of liking it more or less than the standard sight. I shot a # of rounds with the warren then the standard sight and didn't see any significant change in acquiring my aim on my target which, correct me if I'm wrong, is suppose to be the main objective for those sights.

I think its mostly just a matter of personal preference as far as having dots on the rear sight or not. For me I could acquire my target just as fast witht the standard sights so I didnt see the point in keeping the warren. Other than that the sights looked good and fit the profile of the gun well.

Hope that helps ya, chefdog.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Yeah, any info helps me out. I've got a problem with making decisions, i always want to have too much information about anything i'm going to buy. But i guess at around $35 it's just a matter of trying one out to see if it works for me. I know i can always sell it on this site if i don't like it. Thanks for your opinions, i appreciate it.

Jake

1 - 6 of 6 Posts