MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a MP40 ser# mpaxxx and I hear alot about serial#'s with revision N and wanted to know what is revision N all about?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
It is just a designator of the "tweaks" that S&W has made in the manufacturing of the M&P. Until very very recently it was the most up to date production changes.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
It appears that they are now using a series of dots to represent the revisions. Currently on 15 (which would be o).

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
With having a ser# MPA should I look into SW for updates or upgreades to my pistol or do these revisions only appy to new out of the factory MP's

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
My .40 also has mpa**** I have run over 1000 through it without sending it in for any revisions and still flawless.. IMO dont fix what is not broken..

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I also have had zero problems but just wanted to know if these were like recalls and I should act on them or not?

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
I've had at least 15k through my MPA series with only a striker update.

It is one of the ones that will really affect if the pistol will run or not.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So the bottom line is not to worry about the revision as long as I have no problems with the firearm.And if I ever need to send it to SW they will make all the corrections needed.

·
Registered
260 Posts
vetter3006 said:
So the bottom line is not to worry about the revision as long as I have no problems with the firearm.And if I ever need to send it to SW they will make all the corrections needed.
Can any receiver be upgraded to the current spec, or are some of the upgrades a change in the actual molding itself?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ah-hah...my new pistol is MPVxxxx. I was wondering what those little 15 dots meant. I was worried when I didn't see that Rev N on the inside of the frame.

·
Registered
501 Posts
harrydog said:
[quote name='vetter3006']So the bottom line is not to worry about the revision as long as I have no problems with the firearm.And if I ever need to send it to SW they will make all the corrections needed.
Can any receiver be upgraded to the current spec, or are some of the upgrades a change in the actual molding itself?[/quote]

Perhaps, using a very small pin punch........

sorry..... :oops:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts