MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a variety of handguns that we like to shoot. My wife has a Charter Arms Undercover that she bought in the mid-70's. Although the Charter Arms receive a lot of criticism she likes this particular one. Some months back she was shooting it at the range and it locked up. The cylinder would not turn and the trigger could not be pulled. I loosened the bolt that screws into the cylinder and the revolver could be used again. This particular weapon will never be trusted for concealed carry again but I have a theory and would like some feedback. It seems that if I placed the right adhesive on the threads of the bolt and screwed it into the cylinder (an adhesive that does not dry to quickly), and held it while the trigger was pulled several times to test the fit that we could still use it for plinking. If this seems feasible can someone recommend the right adhesive? Is there a better solution? She has a lot of others to choose from, but this one has sentimental value. Thanks.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Loc-Tite?

I am not even remotely a gunsmith (standard disclaimer). I did have a Charter that did the same thing many years ago. I sold it and as with most sold guns I should not have. I personally would try the lightest form of LocTite-sparingly and see if that would work. Here is a thread with info with manufacturer's info on the product, perhaps a bit of purple?

http://forum.m1911.org/showthread.php?t=5955

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Loctite 222MS?

Thanks for the help, Sheepdog. I'm going to try to find the Loctite 222MS Threadlocker locally, and If I can't find it here I'll just order it. It would sure be fun to take this little revolver back to the range. Jim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts