MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
SR9

I have been a ruger fan for 30 years and it has become apparent that Ruger has hit the jackpot with the SR9. After buying, breaking in, range testing and carrying for a couple of months I have retired all previous weapons for cc. This puppy will sling some led right where you want it. If you can not put 6 in a 4" circle in about 2 seconds then you should consider a machine gun for concealed carry.

The reaquisition for this weapon is awsome and with 18 rounds of +P SJHP ammo you can tear some $#%& up. Its like having a small army in your hands that hides better than the compitition in your cc holster or your waist band.

There has been alot of cons presented by Sig,S&W and Glock owners but it does not matter Ruger is on to something that will change the market.

I have tested and carried this weapon extensively. and if you are looking for specific questions to be answered just ask. I have read all the reviews all of which are bias do to money and advertising but if you want a good start read this months Guns and Ammo you just may go buy one of these suckers.....

Rick

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This time Guns and Ammo has it right...

After hours of research on the web and finding that most all of the reviews were from the hip and were presented with some reserve because everyone was caught of guard by rugers flooding the market with an awsome pistol before anyone had a chance to try and shoot it down with advertising hype...

In other words Ruger knew they had a winner so they did not have to advertise it.. The proof is in the gun..

Rick

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SR 9

No rumors of any other weapons of sort from Ruger. I have had some comunication with Ruger about the SR9 and have tried to get info on what is to follow but for obvious reasons everything was quiet and I am sure will remain so . Just as the SR9 came as a suprise to the market my quess is so will the rest of the new line.

Rick

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have been a Ruger fan for several years myself, primarily of the wheel guns but recognize they make rugged, dependable, and affordable semi-auto's. I had a opportunity to fire a sr9 a couple of weeks ago my first impression is the trigger needs a little work but otherwise a very accurate pistol that feels great in the hand. The pistol may still have needed some break in time to smooth out the gritty trigger but other than that a nice gun.

Smith & Wesson M&P 40

Ruger sp101 .357

Ruger single six

Stoeger Cougar 8000

1 - 7 of 7 Posts