MP-Pistol Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Well I guess Im lucky. I work in the shooting sports industry and laying in my office is a M4, two shotguns and a .308 sniper rifle. Numerous co workers in the building have weapons in their office as well. Must of us hunt so things are always coming in and out and many of my personal weapons are coming in for a little machining. Many of my co workers carry as well. There is no sign on the door as many Ohio buildings display.

Many of my suppliers as well as places I visit frequently display the no guns thing. I must admit I just walk right in and go about my bussiness as usual. If you choose to carry then make the change and carry. Yes, you must live with the reprocussions but its by choice. I dont always wear my seat belt when driving either and some times I speed but Im prepared for what my happen to me.

Carrying in your car ? If you dont open your mouth who will ever know. What are you worried about ? If you dress for sucess and adopt the life style you will be good to go. Who is ever going to know your armed ? In case some of you have forgot, the permitt you have is for concealed carry. What am I missing ?

·
Registered
377 Posts
mad212 said:
and as far as searches, get a warrant, the constitution is against unfounded searches and seizes.
Ah, if only. The Constitution only protects us from our government, not our employers, neighbors, or family. So in this case, the 4th Amendment does not apply.

I am in the same "no weapons on company premises" situation. The "property" is leased, not owned if that makes a difference. I still keep my gun in my car. And I carry a pocketknife at work too. If the company won't let me protect myself and they won't protect me, I could care less for their policy of death. But outright screaming acts of defiance probably wouldn't take too well, so "float like a butterfly, sting like a bee". I know of two others that do the same, one of them my best pal.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
dragonlibra said:
[quote name='mad212']When they fired employees though, they had to have permission to search a vehicle, no? i couldn't imagine saying "sure rummage through my personal effects." If they wanna drug test me, by all means do it. Whats next corporations searching your home? I'm not going to lie i am very new into politics and law, i just woke up recently (decided to learn and act), but i will continue my research on civil rights and the people that violate it. I feel that alot of younger people like me, have no clue about our rights and whats going on. I hope to change that and maybe grab a feel of my buddies and make them wake up and take the red pill.

How about the doofus employer's who can fire you for smoking off the job. Yes, they can do that. Now, I'm anti-smoking in public buildings - but dang even this non-smoker says that is too dang far. BTW, if some tee-totaler employer wanted they could bar you from having a beer off-the-job as well. All they have to do is tell you that's now the policy.[/quote]

the day they tell me i cant drink a beer, ill burn that lady down !! lol j/k but i would have to look for a new job pronto

·
Registered
264 Posts
Its only discriminatio if you happen to be part of the special caste of citizen. Gun owners and smokers are not part of that caste, and never will be unless some dramatic change in society occurs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Remember that the car searches, workplace gun/weapon bans, etc, can be thought of in the same way as one of the earliest quotes from "The Matrix" (Neo's boss at work): "You can choose to be at your desk on time from this day forth, or you can choose to find yourself another job." In a private setting, there is that implicit choice, but the incentives and disincentives and balance of power are very lopsided (or at least frequently seem that way). The people who craft those policies (and others like them) are deliberately tinkering with incentives and disincentives, in a way that really bothers me. It is completely legal, and yet the net result is that regular people are voluntarily disempowered, predictable and controlled.

One thing I want to point out with regard to the earlier posts in the thread: unless you have some serious physical limitations or health problems, these workplace gun/weapon bans are a good reason to be in good physical condition and develop some practical unarmed self-defense skills. And these things do not require registration, permitting, a license or any other bovine scatology, so you can take them anywhere. Even simple things like backing into parking spaces and keeping your car keys on your person might make the difference in a nasty situation.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts