MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my Buddies showed me his S & W 40E I am not too impressed with the quality and the make of the pistol as a hole the slide looked like a fake, and the rest of it felt like cheap lastic I thought it was an airsoft replica with the orange barrel cover taken off

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I never heard of it until i saw it

It is made by S & W from what I understand it is the bottom of the barrel brand new $300 gun i am not very impressed I saw your zombie hunter pic by the way I am glad I'm not a zombie

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Re: I never heard of it until i saw it

101Combat Vet said:
It is made by S & W from what I understand it is the bottom of the barrel brand new $300 gun i am not very impressed I saw your zombie hunter pic by the way I am glad I'm not a zombie

Zombies? WE have zombie problems now? Post the zombie pic here so we can all know what we are in for! Joking aside, does he mean that your are a member of Zombie squad?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Sigma Not A Bad Pistol.

YukonGlocker said:
It's a Sigma.

I agree. It's probably a Sigma, SW40VE. I have a SW9VE that has never had any kind of failure with over 4000 rounds through it. It has a D.A. revolver type trigger pull, but is very dependable (mine is), inexpensive, great ergonomics, very accurate, kinda basic looking but not too ugly and with a great no B.S. warranty from S & W. Because of the trigger, it's not a great range gun but is a very good home defense, carry or car gun.

I always try to say something nice about the Sigmas since whenever they are mentioned on the forums someone always says they a POS. Usually from 2nd hand infomation from someone that heard about some problems with the 1st editions of these pistols, which did have some problems. The ones with VE in the discription are much improved.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I own one of the S&W sigmas. in fact it was because of that gun that brought me to buy my 1st M&P.I liked that gun so much I am now the proud owner of the 45 and the mp9c,/i have also put the 40c in layaway.If anyone wants to buy a sigma for cheap I will let it go so I can get my 40c sooner.

·
Registered
219 Posts
i had a sigma 9ve i put less than 250 rds thru it over 5 months and hated it. the trigger did suck, as everyone says. bought it for 300$, sold it 5 months later for 245, and bought my M&P the day before i sold it

i couldnt hit **** at the range with it. i was happy with a 8" circle at 10 yards. my M&P can hit 2-3" groups at the same distance

·
Registered
282 Posts
evan938 said:
i had a sigma 9ve i put less than 250 rds thru it over 5 months and hated it. the trigger did suck, as everyone says. bought it for 300$, sold it 5 months later for 245, and bought my M&P the day before i sold it

i couldnt hit shiz at the range with it. i was happy with a 8" circle at 10 yards. my M&P can hit 2-3" groups at the same distance

You didn't even break in the trigger good, got to shoot about 350 to 500 round through it and the trigger, while still heavy, will smooth out considerably.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I had my Sigma before I bought my MP's also. I used to dry fire it a lot practicing trigger control. My feeling is, if you master trigger control with the Sigma you will be a better shot with just about any good pistol. IMHO, every new shooter should break in on a Sigma until they can squeeze the trigger and hold on target. I have quite a few quality pistols now and sould sell my SW9VE. But I wouldn't get enough for it that I could replace it within my defensive weapon tools. I'll probably keep it until I run across some worthy person that wants to take up shooting and has limited funds.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The SW40E is an all black version of the SW40VE with night sights from the factory. They don't offer that version any longer.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had a SW9VE before I traded it to get my M&P 9. I was very unimpressed with the sigma, but I do feel that the practice I got with the 5 million pound trigger has made me a better shot.

·
Registered
237 Posts
The Sigmas I have fired are pieces of junk ( personal opinion of course ). The trigger pull is

AWFUL at about 12 pounds.

Smith is actually selling these guns for $99 to purchasers of certain other S&W products, but they

should pay people $99 to take them.

( I usually don't have such strong opinions about a single weapon, but I don't know anyone who

has had one of these guns and liked it. )

·
Registered
39 Posts
EMTCOP said:
The Sigmas I have fired are pieces of junk ( personal opinion of course ). The trigger pull is

Smith is actually selling these guns for $99 to purchasers of certain other S&W products, but they

( I usually don't have such strong opinions about a single weapon, but I don't know anyone who

I have an SW40VE and at first I shot like crap with it but I shoot well with it now and it has improved my shooting with other weapons. Now I am after a M&P. Oh and I have never had a problem with the Sigma.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Robin48 said:
[quote name='EMTCOP']The Sigmas I have fired are pieces of junk ( personal opinion of course ). The trigger pull is

I have an SW40VE and at first I shot like crap with it but I shoot well with it now and it has improved my shooting with other weapons. Now I am after a M&P. Oh and I have never had a problem with the Sigma.[/quote]

I stand corrected....I know know one person who likes his Sigma. I would like to reiterate that this is my my personal opinion based on my experience, and those of my friends, with this weapon.

Note to Smith and Wesson....I am a cop...so therefore I am underpaid and it would not be worth

your while to sue me.
I DO like your M&P, 642, and my newly acquired 547....you guys should

bring back the 547!!!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
EMTCOP said:
[quote name='Robin48'][quote name='EMTCOP']The Sigmas I have fired are pieces of junk ( personal opinion of course ). The trigger pull is

I have an SW40VE and at first I shot like crap with it but I shoot well with it now and it has improved my shooting with other weapons. Now I am after a M&P. Oh and I have never had a problem with the Sigma.[/quote]

I stand corrected....I know know one person who likes his Sigma. I would like to reiterate that this is my my personal opinion based on my experience, and those of my friends, with this weapon.

Note to Smith and Wesson....I am a cop...so therefore I am underpaid and it would not be worth

your while to sue me.
I DO like your M&P, 642, and my newly acquired 547....you guys should

bring back the 547!!!!![/quote] I didn't say I liked it lol. I said I shot well with it and it was beneficial to me so your original staement was ok.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I think the S&W .40E was the "original version".The"new & improved " version is designated

with a "V" in the model designation.I looked at the Sigma, but,spent the extra bucks on an M&P. It has been faultless and am considering another in a different caliber with the rebate and mag offer candles on the cake!

By the way,did I mention I love my M&P?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts