MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for a new summer CCW. I like about 3 miles from the S&W factory and am a member at their sporting center. Today, I had an opportunity to try out a few of autos. The first I tried was the Sigma 9mm. Not really impressed. I typically carry a 1911PD and the Sigma felt like a toy compared to old faithful. Tried the M&P 40 full size. Nicer but am looking for a 9mm (not available in MA yet). Neither is the compacts of any caliber.

Then I tried the 908 9mm. Fell in love with it. Solid piece of equipment.

Looking for some feedback if there are any 908 owners out there. Very appreciative.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yukon,

Not sure by what you mean...."platform". What are M&P's advantages over the 908? I'm not challenging you, merely curious. Thank you.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
By platform I mean design.

I have owned a couple 3rd Gen. Smiths and I just don't care for them. I don't like the slide mounted thumb safety. I don't like the ergonomics. The M&P is a much simpler design. The M&P is easier to disassemble to clean or replace parts if necessary.

If I carried a 1911 all the time, but I wanted a smaller gun for carry chambered in 9mm I would look at 2 guns.

1. M&P compact 9mm

2. Springfield Armory EMP

http://www.springfield-armory.com/armory.php?model=24

Keep in mind that this is just my opinion. Everybody likes different things. Don't discount a J-frame for summer carry either; the 442/642 are perfect little carry guns. If the 908 is what you want, that's fine also.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I've had a 908 since the mid 90's and wouldnt feel under-gunned with it. For me, it is a great single stack 9mm that I have carried in the past. When I do carry it, I make sure to keep the safety disengaged though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts