·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll give them a solid B minus so far.

Good

Got my free range bag today, Woohoo!

Neutral

They acknowledge receiving my mag offer paperwork and gave me an order number to reference, but was told it'd still be 2-3 weeks. Okay, so this is just a little bit over the 6-8 week range given, but I got the vibe that they were waiting for me to call and b!tch. Like they're overwhelmed with claims and are just sitting on them until the customer calls looking for their free mags. Then they put them in the queue for processing in 2-3 weeks, but if you don't call, you don't get put in the queue yet. I could be off-base, but it was just something in the rep's tone that gave me that impression. But, I'm a patient sort that understands they may be at the mercy of a slow supplier or whatever and won't hold it against them for now.

Bad

My concern with the anemic ejection of cases (even after mentioning I gave it an honest 1200 rounds to improve) was brushed off. "Lube the slide and see", he says. He asked me what I was feeding it, and when I said UMC 115gr., he advises that's a "light load" and maybe try 124 or 147 gr. I decide to not press the issue today and refrain from mentioning that the P226 and G 26 I've used the same box of ammo with seem to have no problem bouncing the brass off the booth partition with ample pep, thank you very much. But, I'll press on that front next time.

So, good thing I got my bag, else we'd be talking C- or D+.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks for the opinion on the service. But it is interesting to see that you got better service for something "little," but when it came to getting help with something more important, like the freakin product, they didn't seem to offer much help. :roll: Could have been a n00b service guy though, I have had it happen before.

As a side note, The Xbox 360 Customer service is top notch!

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Dude, I would say its a light load... drop to an 11lb recoil spring and it will eject like your sig and glock.

·
Registered
372 Posts
In a statistics class, they dropped 100 marbles in a bag. There were 90 red marbles and 10 black ones. When they walked up to the first student, they had them reach in to the bag and take out a marble. "What conclusion do you have based on this?" The student replied "the bag is full of black marbles."

You may have had a bad result from talking to one person. Something that I learned is that if you don't get the response you wanted or that you think is accurate... call back. You will normally get a different CSR (Customer Service Representative) and you may get one that actually knows what is going on.

MI_Jester

·
Registered
25 Posts
Here is my observation / opinion of S&W Customer Service. This original post is on the GlockTalk.com forum. Please feel free to read and comment:

"Here is my situation:

In October 2003 I had my Walther P99 stolen out of my Jeep here in Frankfort. I reported it stolen and the FCSD came and took a report and put the info in the NCIC. I used to carry it in a fanny pack to make it easy for me to transport it to and from work in my vehicle. Like I said, I drive a Jeep sooo...... You get where I'm going??? Anyway, the fanny pack and all was taken from my Jeep. Now, I get a call last week that it has been found. Here is the best part, it was found 15 feet from where I reported it stolen. My only assumption is that some kid grabbed it from my jeep thinking they were going to find someones wallet with some cash and instead saw a gun and a badge (BTW did I leave that part out?? I have a CCDW badge that I got at a gun show years ago as well) and thought "COP!!!" and tossed the bag.

Anyways, I have contacted Wather America and they said to send it in to them and they would LOOK at it. As you can imagine, there is some slight rusting in some places. Does anyone have any detailed pictures of how to break one down?? I am not talking about field stripping, I am talking actual detail stripping of this type of firearm. I have field stripped it and it works (not tried to fire it and not going to for awhile) but everything seems to still work. I plan to take some pictures and post them ASAP.

Any help would be great!!

Thanks again,

Brian"

AND THEN THIS

"OK!! Get ready for it.

I got this phone call last Thursday from Paul Gazda at Smith & Wesson (AKA Walther America). He stated that he had my pistol in his hands and that he had performed the replacement of all of my internals and pins. He stated that the trigger bar is just a bit longer than the original factory one I had and that some "Breaking In" would need to accomplished on this gun. He stated that there is no re-finishing offered for Walther firearms so the slight surface rust that was on the slide cannot be fixed. He also stated that he was going to test fire the gun first thing Friday morning and then send it over to shipping to have it sent back.

Now my questions started. How bad was it? HOW MUCH WILL IT COST?? ...........wait for it...................

He said that there was NO CHARGE! He stated that he read my letter and happended to have some parts right there and decided that this was going to be a project for him. WOW!!!!

SO.......... Needless to say, the gun arrived yesterday and it is in awesome shape. He did clean a couple of places off on the slide with what looks like very mild sandpaper but the finish still looks good. All pins were replaced and the trigger feels fine. I will have to do some shooting to break it in as he said, but other than that, great testament to a great product and awesome staff and customer service.

I will be writing a letter to S&W thanking them for the great job and also personally thanking Mr. Gazda for his work.

Thanks for taking the time to read my posts. Have a great day at the Range!!"

Sorry for the long post!!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Good to hear that you were taken care of.

Sometimes people just get a disgruntled CS rep on the phone or whatever, and it's like a bad apple spoiling the bushel.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I dropped my M&P40c in a parking lot and the impact took a ding out of the front of the trigger guard and caused a crack all the way across the inside of the trigger guard. I sent it off to S&W for either repair or frame replacement. I got the gun back in less than two weeks with a new frame, and get this, NO CHARGE!

I couldn't ask for anything more. I broke my gun due to my own negligence and S&W still fixed it for free. If I hadn't already been a customer for life, I would be now.

BTW, I bought several M&Ps during the free mag offer and I got all the mags within a few weeks without calling anyone, can't complain about that either.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jester,

You answered a question I hadn't posted yet, but was going to eventually ask, so thanks. Any downside to going to a lighter spring? I'll guess felt or perceived recoil, but any operational con?

All,

Hope I didn't come off as 'complaining'. That 'grade' is just based on one call and I'm sure they'll live up to the reputation for the same good CS you've experienced. A lot of what I posted was supposition and you won't catch me seriously trashing them here or any other forum until I get them several more opportunities to come through.

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
You shouldn't notice any more recoil that what you have now. Operationally your lock time should speed up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts