MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Administrator
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago, I sat down in a chair with my Ported Shield Plus 3.1" Performance Center pistol in my leather OWB holster... And, I damaged the crown of the barrel - when it banged against the arm rest of the chair. My OWB holster doesn't cover the entire bottom of the gun, so the gun hit the arm rest very, very hard.

On one part of the barrel, I took the black finish off, and there was some slight damage where the rifling ends. Then, when I shot the gun, it seemed like the normal accuracy was off just a little.

I contacted S&W - at first, they told me to buy a new barrel from a 3rd party company. But, I explained that you can only buy version 1 and 2.0 Shield barrels. No one is yet selling Shield Plus barrels, let alone a ported one. I was then sent a shipping label to send the gun in.

I did send it in, and I put a note stating that I would like to BUY a new barrel if possible. I asked them to contact me and I would give them a credit card. Well, after about 3 weeks, I got the pistol back. They GAVE me a new barrel. And, I went today and shot it finally. Gun works great now!

I am impressed that they replaced the barrel for free, when it was my stupid error that resulted in the damage. Plus, they paid for shipping both ways! :)

· Registered
Five M&P Shields
575 Posts
They have always taken care of me, even way back before the internet, a simple phone call would get me exactly what I needed
I have never paid a penny for anything from them either
Even on used handguns from the 50s & 60s
They have always taken the extra time to make sure I have gotten what I wanted/needed
And ask what else can we get for you Sir!
That's Customer Service... 👍

· Registered
3,068 Posts
They have always taken care of me, even way back before the internet, a simple phone call would get me exactly what I needed
I have never paid a penny for anything from them either
Even on used handguns from the 50s & 60s
They have always taken the extra time to make sure I have gotten what I wanted/needed
And ask what else can we get for you Sir!
That's Customer Service... 👍
That’s been exactly my experience with S&W as well. 👍👍

· Registered
20 Posts
A few weeks ago, I sat down in a chair with my Ported Shield Plus 3.1" Performance Center pistol in my leather OWB holster... And, I damaged the crown of the barrel - when it banged against the arm rest of the chair. My OWB holster doesn't cover the entire bottom of the gun, so the gun hit the arm rest very, very hard.

Glad it worked out for you. My view of holsters is that they should fully enclose both the trigger and muzzle to protect from accidental discharge and damage. Good luck.

· Administrator
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
. My view of holsters is that they should fully enclose both the trigger and muzzle to protect from accidental discharge and damage. Good luck.
I'm a thin guy, but I have SI joint and hip problems. IWB holsters usually make my side hurt. And, larger OWB holsters make my side hurt too.... Every time I try one...

So, I usually wear a minimal holster, because I have to. Otherwise, yes, I would agree with you.

· Registered
20 Posts
I'm a thin guy, but I have SI joint and hip problems. IWB holsters usually make my side hurt. And, larger OWB holsters make my side hurt too.... Every time I try one...

So, I usually wear a minimal holster, because I have to. Otherwise, yes, I would agree with you.
Understand and sounds like you’ve thought it out carefully. Take care.

· Registered
3,068 Posts
Years ago I contacted S&W with questions about an engraved early Model 60 that I had.
I spoke with a lady briefly, and the next thing I know she transferred me; directly to Roy Jenks, for a thorough discussion of the pistol! 👍👍🤯

· Registered
Canik Mete SFT 9, S&W M&P Shield Plus 9
19 Posts

On one part of the barrel, I took the black finish off, and there was some slight damage where the rifling ends. Then, when I shot the gun, it seemed like the normal accuracy was off just a little.

I contacted S&W - at first, they told me to buy a new barrel from a 3rd party company. But, I explained that you can only buy version 1 and 2.0 Shield barrels. No one is yet selling Shield Plus barrels, let alone a ported one. I was then sent a shipping label to send the gun in.

I did send it in, and I put a note stating that I would like to BUY a new barrel if possible. I asked them to contact me and I would give them a credit card. Well, after about 3 weeks, I got the pistol back. They GAVE me a new barrel. And, I went today and shot it finally. Gun works great now!

I am impressed that they replaced the barrel for free, when it was my stupid error that resulted in the damage. Plus, they paid for shipping both ways! :)

I also had a great experience. My Shield Plus had 2 problems when new and they fixed it quickly with no questions. 3 cheers for S&W CS and Repair.

· Registered
3,237 Posts
I`ve had ok luck with S&W, but not without having to correct their young phone jockey`s first, then everything went good going forward.

The one that stands out the most, for me, for customer service, is Ruger. No CS problem ever.
I tell them the problem, problem gets resolved without incompetent phone jockyism.

· Registered
20 Posts
I remember one time I field stripped my shield 40 after a range trip and noticed the recoil spring was slightly bent on one end at the spring cap. I emailed their customer service to see if that was something I could buy (I was very new at the time) and they used that info to send me a spring without even asking. Then followed up the next day to tell me the spring was on the way.

I definitely appreciate their CS

1 - 17 of 17 Posts