MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one ever had to send a gun to S&W customer service for repair. If so, how long did it take for them to contact you with the solution for the problem? How long before you got your gun back?

I e-mailed them a question about my Walther P99 and they requested I send it to them for examination. They even paid the overnight fedex. My P99 is long out of warranty, will S&W be reasonable with the repair bill?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
S&W has great customer service!! However, I have never had them work on a gun outside of warranty!! My guess is that they will side in your favor, but if it is due to abuse or neglect you will get a bill. Good luck!

·
Site Staff
9,613 Posts
I don't know about the P99 since it doesn't fit the norm for an S&W pistol, but S&W does have excellent customer service overall.

·
Registered
169 Posts
S&W warranties are lifetime. I have brought several guns there (I live 10 minutes away) and have had excellent dealing every time.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I called S&W yesterday, a tech had not checked out the gun yet. I was told the turn around time was usually 8 days. After spending a few days of communication frustration shopping airline tickets, it sure was nice speaking to the rep at S&W. He spoke perfect American English. I understood everything he said.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
A lot of people here on the forum have sent their M&Ps back for a variety of reasons. I have yet to hear about a bad experience. Most have had their M&Ps back in the same week!

Don't fear, S&W's customer service is proving to be one of the best!

·
Registered
54 Posts
m4arc said:
A lot of people here on the forum have sent their M&Ps back for a variety of reasons. I have yet to hear about a bad experience. Most have had their M&Ps back in the same week!

Don't fear, S&W's customer service is proving to be one of the best!

They've proven that to me many years ago.

Dennis

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just purchased my M&P few weeks ago I noticed that when I load the magazines they rattle. I checked the magazine out and it seems fine but when ever I load more than 10 rounds they rattle. I would appreciate any suggestions thanx

·
Site Staff
9,613 Posts
master gunner said:
I just purchased my M&P few weeks ago I noticed that when I load the magazines they rattle. I checked the magazine out and it seems fine but when ever I load more than 10 rounds they rattle. I would appreciate any suggestions thanx
There's been some posts about this, turns out it's fairly common and not limited to the M&P, no cures that I know of, it's not considered a defect.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Turn around

S&W customer service is fantastic to date, sent in a M&P 9 with "Death Jam Issues", they replaced barrel, cured problem and service was Fri 11:30 am to Fri 10:30 am. Had a cracked frame on a S&W 4566 after 55K and they replaced frame, no question, no hassle, no cost, tell me how you can go wrong with that, kudo's.

·
Registered
937 Posts
The service is one of the reasons I went with the Sigma and then the M&P. It's comforting to know that the company is one that backs up their product, no matter how far down the line, nor how many owners. I've read a few warranty posts on other companies, and while they seem to offer the lifetime warranty, I don't see as many posts about it as I do with Smith. Some would say that because Smiths break more. I don't buy that. I've seen alot more XD repair posts than anything else. Smith is ahead of the pack in service, and I hope they realize and keep it that way.

·
Registered
231 Posts
S&W customer service is amazing to me.... especially after TRYING to deal with sig sauer... S&W wants to help and get a great reputation for there new poly frame... i was lucky to get parts back from sig that i had to purchase with in 2-3 months... and with S&W the response is almost immediate!

·
Registered
134 Posts
I sent my overnight early last week last week and received a letter about three days later confirming receipt and telling me they were backed up about three weeks.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
moshooter said:
I sent my overnight early last week last week and received a letter about three days later confirming receipt and telling me they were backed up about three weeks.
I got same letter and got mine back in 10 days S&W the best :wink:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts