MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a letter in the mail telling me I would not be getting my free mags because my entry was POSTMARKED 5 days too late.

Pretty lame in my opinion.

I know they have to cut it off at some point, but my purchase date was within the dates, I supplied my receipt etc. and I get denied on the POSTMARK.

Never saw it coming...

·
Registered
910 Posts
Pretty stupid they screw you over 5 days late on the postmark, but they hook people up who bought the guns a month before the offer.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Thems were the rules...but if you feel that strongly about it, make a phone call. See what happens.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
josh said:
Pretty stupid they screw you over 5 days late on the postmark, but they hook people up who bought the guns a month before the offer.

I was thinking the same thing...

Funny, I checked my receipt date like 4 times to make sure I was good...never even thought about the postmark. Not to mention you can get a letter machine-marked that will not display a date...

It's not the end of the world, just seems sort of stupid on their part.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Well I hate that for ya. I would call them, however it is their call. They probably just denied it cause they are very backordered on most of the mags and the bag.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Call CS and be kind but persistant in your opinion that you bought based on the offer and in the timeline appropriated. If they will not meet your expectations, give me a PM and I will get you a contact higher up to follow up with!!

Thanks and keep the faith!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I bought my gun in August..called Smith customer service last week inquiring if the free mag offer was expired. The nice young lady told me that it was, but we got into a conversation and I told her I was a police officer and how much I liked the gun. She asked for my name and what department I worked for. Today 2 mags arrived in the mail for me. Now thats service!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I hope this dont happen to me, I sent mine in late also. Almost two weeks now.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gordon Freeman said:
I bought my gun in August..called Smith customer service last week inquiring if the free mag offer was expired. The nice young lady told me that it was, but we got into a conversation and I told her I was a police officer and how much I liked the gun. She asked for my name and what department I worked for. Today 2 mags arrived in the mail for me. Now thats service!

See, I hear stories like this often so I was really surprised they denied me. I wasn't even trying to sneak it by, I really did not even notice the expiry.

The purchase date must be no later than the 15th and postmarked by the 31st leaving 2 weeks to mail it in after purchase.

I purchased it the 2nd week in July and never gave second thought to the date.

I will contact them and let you guys know what they say.

I really don't feel like it needs to be an issue but with people who purchased earlier getting free mags I was stunned to have mine refused.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Well i got my letter on sat., what a bummer! I'm still waiting on the range bag.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts