MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sent my 40c off on 30 May for a mag drop problem, received mine back yesterday and took it to the range today. I ran 200 rounds of WWB through her and it ran flawlessly. To my knowledge that is the fastest turn around time that I know, great job at S&W and their customer service and repair work.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Any idea what they did to repair your gun?? Did they replace the frame?? Does the mag catch look any different?? Hope it solves your problem!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I for one think smith has great service. I sent my gun in to get the extended release put on it and it took 7 days from the time i shipped it to the time I got it back.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And I thought I was fast, but you guys have all smoked me, which is great...

·
Registered
414 Posts
When I sent mine back for the mag drop problem, they installed a new mag catch and called it good. It was for a few hundred rounds... then started dropping again. So I called them again and they sent a new mag catch to me... this one I'm told has been hardened to stand up to the mag hardness better. I put it in the gun and soon enough, yep, mag drops start again. Now they want me to return the pistol again. Off mine will go next week. I think this time they may need to do more than just replace the mag catch. I'm hangin' in there with them, though, as I'm sure sooner or later we'll come up with some solution.... hope so anyway.

What did they do to yours?

·
Registered
414 Posts
When I sent mine back for the mag drop problem, they installed a new mag catch and called it good. It was for a few hundred rounds... then started dropping again. So I called them again and they sent a new mag catch to me... this one I'm told has been hardened to stand up to the mag hardness better. I put it in the gun and soon enough, yep, mag drops start again. Now they want me to return the pistol again. Off mine will go next week. I think this time they may need to do more than just replace the mag catch. I'm hangin' in there with them, though, as I'm sure sooner or later we'll come up with some solution.... hope so anyway.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DHart said:

Replaced my mag catch, or so it says in the letter I received from them.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
14 days for the first barrel replacement. 2nd barrel replacement in process 6 day's and counting.

·
Registered
231 Posts
TOF said:
14 days for the first barrel replacement. 2nd barrel replacement in process 6 day's and counting.

I had lacerations inside the barrel of my MP9mm; it seems as though they polished the feed ramp and the chamber instead of replaceing it. It surprised me that they didnt replace the barrel as they replaced the frame and gave me a new serial number just beacuse of the mag drop problem i was having

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
PPCmaster said:
[quote name='TOF']14 days for the first barrel replacement. 2nd barrel replacement in process 6 day's and counting.

I had lacerations inside the barrel of my MP9mm; it seems as though they polished the feed ramp and the chamber instead of replaceing it. It surprised me that they didnt replace the barrel as they replaced the frame and gave me a new serial number just beacuse of the mag drop problem i was having
[/quote]

Had you been using CCI Blazer Aluminum ammo ? Were the "lacerations" in the chamber or rifling?

In my case Blazer Aluminum ammo was used and had case ruptures. The chamber chipped and pitted at the case rupture locations. I examined the new barrel after each round fired. The second barrel chipped when the second round of Blazer, which ruptured, was fired in it. I called and explained what I experienced and stated I didn't know whether the barrel or ammo or both were defective. S&W said to send it back again. That was 2 weeks back as of today. I have also contacted CCI but have not sent the remaining ammo back to them yet but will do so when S&W concludes their evaluation.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Second barrel has been replaced. It took 2 weeks once again. I got back a 10 round Mag. Should be a 17 round. I will call Smith thursday. Now to send some ammo back to CCI for replacement with brass cased stuf. :twisted:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts