MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1964 Chevelle SS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine is a 2 1/2 inch barrel with manual safety. The safety lever seems too loose to me as it always slips to the firing position. I carry this gun under sweat shirts/T-shirts casing the lever to move. Is there a DIY fix to stiffen up that lever?
Also, I would like a date of manufacture for it, serial #DXV3150. Pistol shoots very good with any reload/factory ammo.
Thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
426 Posts
M&P semi auto?

Years ago, I'm pretty sure on this forum, there was a similar question/thread about the manual safeties. Someone recommended removing the safety and filing the notch the detent that sits in the sear block. The detent has a spring under it and pushes to the rear into the notch of the safety on the left side of the pistol. You have to be careful as you want to slightly change the shape of the notch in the safety, not make it too deep or such a sharp angle that you have trouble moving the safety from SAFE to FIRE.

I did it to one of mine and it helped (don't remember if it was the 9MM or the .40).

·
Registered
426 Posts
Found one with pictures. Photobucket screwed up a bunch of stuff across the internet when they decided you had to pay for your pictures stored on their servers (happened years ago) and when people refused to pay PB locked up their pictures and now all you see on some of the older threads is a PB symbol where the picture used to be.

So, page down some and ignore the missing pictures. When you get far enough down some good, detailed pictures show up and you can see what the sear block/safety lever/detent look like and read the description of how people made their thumb safeties more positive in feel/function.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts