MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in a local shop the other day, and they had a M&P 9mm in a carry kit. It contained the pistol, three magazines, a holster and double magazine holder. The holster had a S&W logo on it, and it and the magazine holder appeared to be made of Kydex. The S&W website does not list this kit. Has anyone else seen this kit, and know who actually makes the holster and magazine holder?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
G56, thanks for the info. The Blade-Tech link you provided showed a photo of the complete kit in the detailed images.

·
Registered
403 Posts
When my wife saw my M&P9c she immediately bought a M&P fullsize. I told her about the carry kit and the dealer looked it up. The carry kit only cost 20 bucks more. She got the holster, mag carrier, and three 17 round mags. Dang she sucks.

The stuff works really well. I used it on the range about two week ago and its fine. It wont' replace my Desantis Cozy partner but it works well for range gear.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have the carry kit.

Once I qualify with the gun for duty use I'll be 90% set.

·
Registered
103 Posts
MTech said:
only $20 more??? How's the holster though????????????

They're okay. The revolution holster is considerably better than an Uncle Mikes Kydex, but not as nice as the standard Blade Tech holsters. I still prefer dead cow, but the kydex does work.

Joe

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I really like the holster and mag pouch. They work well for Idpa shooting!!

Congrats!!

p.s.- I got my "kit" for 495.00 through my local dealer!!

·
Registered
405 Posts
I'd get it just for the extra mag if it's only $20 but I have yet to see anywhere that only jumps $20 more..unless they're bending you over on the original pricing to begin with.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I paid $539 + $10 background check Out the Door for the kit in .40 cal. standard sights. You can get the gun alone (I presume 2 mags) from Bud's for $399, plus shipping, and FFL + the mandatory $10 background check. Allowing $40 for FFL and $25 for shipping, I paid $75 for the holster, dbl mag pouch & and mag. Not a particularly great deal, but not bad. The FFL fee varies from area to area, so YMMV. I like the holster and mag pouch for range use, and competition, but not for daily carry.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I got the carry kit with full size M&P 9, holster, mag pouch and three mags for $469. The holster, mag pouch and extra mag are worth $80, so I figure that I got the gun for $389. The store where I bought it said that S&W had run a promotional on the carry kits and they had one left in stock when I bought in early June.

I used the holster and mag pouch to shoot a couple of qualifying rounds. Works fine, but the mag pouch is like most other adjustable kydex pouches - the friction on the front mag is a little greater than the back mag. No problem and you don't notice it when you're concentrating on getting shots off and reloading within the allotted times.

The M&P has functioned flawlessly. The front sight was offset to the right when I bought it. I noticed it after my first range session (shots were printing left slightly). The store where I bought it centered the sight for me at no charge and it is shooting POA now. I have not had a problem with it shooting low left like some have reported.

·
Registered
157 Posts
My Carry Kit

1 - 15 of 15 Posts