MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience with the S&W M&P? What are your thought on its adoption? Do you think it has the potential to be a widely adopted gun or not? Does it have any problems? What makes it standout from the comparable guns? Any help here is useful.

Thank you.

·
Site Staff
9,617 Posts
Read the forums, you will find all the info you can handle!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Reading is always a great start...

:wink:

·
Registered
937 Posts
Hmm? M&P? Never heard of it. Is it new? Is it a knock-off Glock like the last S&W piece of crap? I bet it jams if you put ammo in it. You're better off buying a Glock. Glocks are great. You can fire them with your hands in a bucket of wet cement and the bullet will kill someone at a thousand yards. Of course, you need the Homeboy Nyte Sytes for that. Oh, and you never have to clean them, even after the cement hardens. The plastic prevents the cement from sticking to it.

·
Registered
692 Posts
FieroCDSP said:
Hmm? M&P? Never heard of it. Is it new? Is it a knock-off Glock like the last S&W piece of crap? I bet it jams if you put ammo in it. You're better off buying a Glock. Glocks are great. You can fire them with your hands in a bucket of wet cement and the bullet will kill someone at a thousand yards. Of course, you need the Homeboy Nyte Sytes for that. Oh, and you never have to clean them, even after the cement hardens. The plastic prevents the cement from sticking to it.

[sarcasm]So. like the Glockinators, Huh? :roll: [/sarcasm]

·
Registered
308 Posts
dpierce80 said:
Does anyone have experience with the S&W M&P? What are your thought on its adoption? Do you think it has the potential to be a widely adopted gun or not? Does it have any problems? What makes it standout from the comparable guns? Any help here is useful.

Thank you.

Welcome to the site!

1. Yes, many people have tons of experience. I personally have experience with two models, the M&P 45 and the M&P 9c. They are both fine pistols.

2. I think they are being widely accepted/adopted and will continue to see market growth. I think it has already been adopted pretty widely, quite a few departments/agencies have already made the switch.

3. Yes, it has had some early problems, but no more than any new pistol, IMO. I believe most of the problems have been fixed. However, I am sure some will continue to experience problems, just as EVERY other brand/make has (including the venerable Glock..
).

4. What stands out the most for me is what I would call (for lack of a better term) "shootability". The pistol has interchangeable backstraps that make it adjustable for many different size hands, this means the pistol is much more comfortable for me to shoot, less felt recoil, more control, etc. In other words, ergonomics makes it fit the human hand. This reason alone was enough to convince me that shooting .45's could actually be fun again. Also, the customer service of the company is second to none. In the unlikely event that you do suffer a failure of the pistol, S&W will send you a mailer to send them the pistol postage free. They will quickly fix it and get it back at no charge (I have no actual experience with this, just repeating what many have shared). I know for a fact that Glock makes you pay your own shipping to get their pistols repaired, even when the pistol is covered under their warranty (I traded my G36 in for another M&P).

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
2,535 Posts

FieroCDSP said:

·
Registered
937 Posts
Sorry, guys. I had to fire that off while it was coming to me.

Dpierce, the M&P is a great gun. I got mine in November last year (14months ago) and I have almost 1800-2000 rounds through it with no failures with factory ammo, a few reloaded ammo failures due only to being too long and flat-point bullets, and absolutely no rust or mag-drops what-so-ever. It's a full-size 40 cal, I shoot it occasionally in IDPA, shot USPSA last saturday, and it's my go-to gun for home defense. This is my second hand-gun, the first being a Sigma, and I will love it to the day I die.

Many of the people in my IDPA group made comments about me using an M&P 40, but I've had no failures while shooting with it, my scores have been equal to anyone with my same level of experience, sometimes a bit higher, and the range eventually added a full-size 9mm to the rental case and several M&P's for sale. So I think they've stopped laughing now.

And in case others are wondering, I'm not a Glock-junkie. Can't stand them, personally, as I haven't found one that fits my hands. That and I'd rather avoid that "evil gangsta" stereo-type. :wink: I'm an "Evil Nerd" :twisted:

·
Registered
505 Posts
dpierce80 said:

Thank you.

Is this for real??? This is MP-Pistol.com right?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Don't pay these guys any attention...

The M&P is a great firearm. I use th 40 and love it. I've never had any problems with mine. It shoots great and feels even better in the hand. They are also gaining a good reputation on a personal level as well as Law Enforcement. Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
70 Posts
1. Better trigger than the Glock.

2. Better grip, grip angle and ergonomics than the Glock.

3. Points naturally.

4. Soft shooting.

5. All of the above makes it easy to shoot accurately. Shooting the M&P helped me break several bad habits that I developed shooting a Glock.

6. Easy to disassemble. Take down lever rather than tabs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts