MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you, like me, living in the State of California. If you're looking to get one a M&P, better get on it before the certification expires. Luckily I picked mine up before Christmas.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore/SmWesson2/upload/other/MSMicroSFinal.pdf

So that makes two firearm manufacturers now affected from selling their excellent guns because legislators have no sense in what they're doing.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Read this the other day, really unfortunate for us in CA. I'm now going to have to single shot exemption the M&Ps to get them into CA, adding around $100 to the cost of each one I buy.

·
Registered
99 Posts
As other manufacturers guns come up for recertification,e.g. Glock, will they also face the decision to micro stamp or decline to recertify?

Anyone know how much micro stamping the firing pin adds to the cost of a gun?

·
Registered
539 Posts
...it will do nothing to prevent crime.
But it will increase the cost and/or diminish the supply of pistols available to CA residents, and maybe that was the intent.

·
Registered
133 Posts
But it will increase the cost and/or diminish the supply of pistols available to CA residents, and maybe that was the intent.
No reason to think otherwise.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Read this the other day, really unfortunate for us in CA. I'm now going to have to single shot exemption the M&Ps to get them into CA, adding around $100 to the cost of each one I buy.
Most gun shop in northern California will only charge you less than $50.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just keeps honest people honest. Wish they'd quit worrying about us honest folks and go after the bad guys.

Marc

·
Registered
11 Posts
Calguns forum has a SSE sticky... found this shop listed, is that close to you?

Placer Tactical
533 Lincoln Blvd. Ste 7
Lincoln, CA 95648
916-996-5510

Hours: Appointment only
Capacity: common guns in 9mm, 380acp, 10mm, 40sw, and 45acp, inquire within
Rate: Contact shop

·
Registered
176 Posts
Some of the LGS that SSE are very reasonably priced. My wife and I have two M&Ps each, one CA model and one free state model. Only one of the handguns didn't have the latest slide stop assembly - makes for a bit of a trigger difference in my two M&P 40s, but I'm fixing that with an Apex DCAEK kit in each.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts