MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a couple of pics of the new Kimber polymer pistol - don't know the model number - and am struck by how similar its outward appearance is to the S&W MP. Anybody have any poop on the Kimber? Could it be that it is actually made by Smith? Thanks,

Out West

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
It's not the same gun. Different dimensions and different trigger. The KDP has a narrower frame, a narrower slide, and a trigger with restrike capability. Which pretty much confirms what I have been told by people who have looked at the guts and said the trigger is way different in design.

·
Registered
323 Posts
The only feature I like on the KPD is the second strike capability. Just a little assurance just in case it had a light strike. But then again why have a gun that has a light strike, or use ammo that might not fire on the first strike. :roll:

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
col132 said:
KDP is an old design. Smith completely new.

Since the KDP asa announced about the same time as the M&P, how is it a completely old design? Just what was it copying that the M&P doesn't?

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
think he was implying the internals, not the looks..

I don't think that ones anything special. Looks like a really high bore. Doesn't really tickle my fancy.

·
Registered
15 Posts
col132 said:
Wilsons new version of the Heritage Stealth, redone in Wilson Combat clothing.

Ooo - hadn't heard of that!
The old South African "ADP" (Alex Du Plessis) pistol is back, eh? Great design.

Hmm. Just looked at it and am unimpressed. Pity they kept the stupid Heritage safety on it. And what's this "Advanced Design Pistol" nonsense? It was named for the designer. . . egos too big at Wilson's?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts