MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gang, do you think S&W will give us a shield with some more rounds to compete with th P365?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Probably not, as it wouldn't be a Shield anymore, but a thicker pistol.
I went the route of the G48, holds 15 rounds with the SA15 mags.
Or 20 rounds with the extended mag.

A bit larger overall than the P365, but super thin and very light. And even with the flush fit mag you have a grip you can get all your fingers on.

·
Registered
541 Posts
ETS (Elite Tactical Systems) sells 9 and 12-round magazines for the 9 mm Shield. Of course they aren't a flush fit but don't increase the gun's width.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I've never understood this obsession with capacity, (apologies to the "What if" brigade). To quote Clint Smith on this subject, "Instead of shooting a lot, why not try shooting good."

·
Registered
107 Posts
I am perfectly happy with the Shield. I actually jumped all over the P365 when it first came out. Before the Sig Pro Shop could even send it to me they had a recall on the sights. I gave the P365 a year as my EDC. It just did not work out for me. So, I went back to my Shield 9mm that had served me very well for so many years. I usually carry with the 7 round mag in the Shield and a spare 8 round on me. So, 16 rounds works for me. I used to carry a larger handgun when I first started carrying, but I would not carry a spare mag, so I had the same amount of rounds on me back then. With the P365 I would carry with the 12 round mag only giving me 13 rounds.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
I am perfectly happy with the Shield. I actually jumped all over the P365 when it first came out. Before the Sig Pro Shop could even send it to me they had a recall on the sights. I gave the P365 a year as my EDC. It just did not work out for me. So, I went back to my Shield 9mm that had served me very well for so many years. I usually carry with the 7 round mag in the Shield and a spare 8 round on me. So, 16 rounds works for me. I used to carry a larger handgun when I first started carrying, but I would not carry a spare mag, so I had the same amount of rounds on me back then. With the P365 I would carry with the 12 round mag only giving me 13 rounds.
Well, that isn‘t a very good idea, no matter what pistol you carry.

If you have a malfunction, and have no spare mag; what are you going to do?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Rick M, the only malfunction I can think of where a spare mag would be a must is if the mag base plate comes off and the rounds are puked out. What are the chances of that? Sure, I guess it could happen, so I guess I take that risk. Other than that what malfunction would I have to have a spare mag. In your thinking what if a striker breaks, or a trigger return springs breaks? We should all carry two guns on us.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My wife recently got a Springfield Hellcat when the Fire danger subsides and we can shoot a good variety of ammo she will replace her G-42. She carries an extended mag in the gun and a spare whether the 42 or Hellcat.

The Hellcat better be accurate or she will dump it like a hot potato.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Gang, do you think S&W will give us a shield with some more rounds to compete with th P365?
Maybe. I'd put money on the idea that they're at least exploring it. With the current magazine slightly staggered as it is, it wouldn't take much to add a few hundredths to the width and expand by 3 or 4 rounds.
If you want it, let them know. Every successful company these days doesn't bring out a new product until it's a near-certainty that it will be accepted and sell well.
That said, I hope they do. Not because I'm a "capacity junkie," but because I would love to see S&W bring their considerable star power to that segment of the market.
Anything to take some sales away from Glock, the alleged "gun" that's closer to a 2x4 than to a firearm, inadvertently designed for the bi-curious.
If firearms required truth in labeling, the G guns would have "Any resemblance between this mechanism and an actual firearm is strictly coincidental. Use with caution."
I just love to hate on those, those "things"..... :devilish: :cool: :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
426 Posts
I wouldn't hold my breath, S&W has never been quick to do anything.
They have a great product now, but still have gen 1 & 2 in production so that should show they won't move forward anytime soon.

Glock makes money every year selling their 10mm guns, S&W while seeing that, still can't be bothered to make an M&P in that caliber.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i'd buy a double stack shield in 380, guessing it could hold what 18-20 rounds ?

I've never understood this obsession with capacity, (apologies to the "What if" brigade). To quote Clint Smith on this subject, "Instead of shooting a lot, why not try shooting good."
robbers are working in gangs of 3-5 people these days and it'll only get worse with the way the country is going.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts