MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the 4 M&P kits that we ordered showed up this week. The dealer looked them over quickly. One was noticed to be completely wrong. The box was labeled as a kit but was a "regular" case with only the gun and magazines, no holster nor mag pouch. That one was getting returned.

A friend and I went to pick ours up from that dealer. The kit I got was fine. My friend's kit had the belt attachment piece missing from the mag pouch. Fortunately, the dealer went and checked the one remaining kit and found it was fine so he gave the mag pouch from it to my buddy so his is now complete.

So out of 4 "kits", two were messed up. Not too good of percentage.

BTW, the SN #'s are in the MPPxxxx range.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
coltman1985 said:
I think they are runnin to far ahead of themselves!!

I agree, I am not condoning the mistake, but they are so over whelmed with the M&P product line. I dont think they new exactly what they were getting themselves into...

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I agree. With the pistole being as popular as it is, they are probably cranking them out like crazy. Still, one should get what one orders. I supposed having demand exceed supply is a good thing to have though.

As an aside, when we were ordering our guns, our dealer had the distributor set aside our 4 kits of which the distributor had 6. This was on Thursday last week. By Friday, when I talked to our guy so as to deliver a money order for the entire purchase, the distributor had already called him again in the a.m. to verify that he wanted them. That tells me that there are lots o' folks looking to purchase the M&P. For that I say, way to go S&W!!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts