MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the gun dealer here today. The S&W Rep said that the M&P .45 is ready to ship. Should be out pretty soon. Lots of interest around here. No specific promise, but he was pretty firm that they are on the way. Anyone else have any more specific info?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Called my local gun store to see if they had the M&P45 in yet. No! They are high on S&W's list of sellers so they get a lot of S&W's guns and quantity that most gun stores don't (at least around here). Was told that they had talked to S&W and that the gun was started into production last Friday(Friday the April 6 or Friday March 30 - didn't clarify that) and that their production is 600 guns a day but that S&W had a backlog of 8000 guns. After the backlog is taken care of then normal shipping will begin. I guess that we can do the math.

I tend to believe these people as they started to sell the M&P40c first in the area and they even had it on sale! It is still difficult to find the M&P40c at other stores if at all.

Just passing on info - hopefully it is correct!

Michael (who really wants a M&P45 to go along with the M&P40 Service and a M&P40c)

·
Registered
490 Posts
IDEALLY I would find a 45 with the serial number MPS4784. Its first initial and my b-day. Just too cool to resist. I'd pay top dollar JUST for the serial number. PLUS by the MPS serial number all the frame modifications and striker problems better be fixed...but my MPB is operating 100%.

What would be the ideal serial number for you?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Problem for me is, I already have a Kimber 1911 but I've been giving some serious thought to picking up a SW1911 and deciding which I like better. Another M&P in another caliber could be fun too, though.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I talked with one of the S&W regional law enforcement sales managers today. It appears that it's actually going to be a couple of more months before they're shipping the .45. There are a few of the models currently being passed around for testing, but beyond that, nothing's being shipped as of yet.

·
Registered
255 Posts
tstrenuous10 said:
what model kimber? I might make it a little easier to decide.

Tactical Pro II. Pretty loaded out pistol... ambi safety, magwell, 30 line per inch checkering, night sights. If I keep it, I'm changing the ambi safety for a regular one and installing some Crimson Trace laser grips though.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I got to hanle a MP45 yesterday. The gun looked rough cosmetically (takedown level was discolored) and the trigger pull felt roughly equal to a Glock using a standard disconnect and NY2 spring system. Think I am going to hold off for a while on one of these.

·
Registered
215 Posts
tstrenuous10 said:
I'm having the same dilemma. I think I'm leaning towards the 1911 because i made a promise to myself to get one by christmas. Plus it costs more and after buying that one any gun will seem like a two-for-one deal.

I hear you! Good thinking!

·
Registered
215 Posts
NCPatrolAR said:
I got to hanle a MP45 yesterday. The gun looked rough cosmetically (takedown level was discolored) and the trigger pull felt roughly equal to a Glock using a standard disconnect and NY2 spring system. Think I am going to hold off for a while on one of these.
Might be a good idea to wait at least a year. 8)

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hey Tungsten..I'll take your Kimber Tactical pro off your hands...If I knew I could get some decent trade allowance..i would trade my M&P9C and my unfired Glock 23"Homeland Defender" for one!!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts