MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife bought a S & W, Performance Center, TRR8 Model 327 that we finally got to take to the range last Sunday. I have a S & W 686PP with a 6" barrel that I love. She liked shooting my 686 so much she bought the TRR8 for herself. My wife usually shoots ok but with this great revolver her shot patterns were better than she has ever shot. The trigger pull in single action is barely perceptable and in double action it's very smooth. The light weight (35.3 oz) of Scandium Alloy/Titanium Alloy did not noticably effect the recoil managability. Very manageable recoil with 357 magnun or 38+P loads. All that and it's pretty too! 8)

I would love to have the MP R8 for myself but I'm gun poor now and can't see spending another $1,000.00 for another 357 Magnum revolver, but who knows, maybe someday...... :roll:

Anyone else have one of these beauties and if so, what do you think of it?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Great Shooter

I have to agree on how impresive this pistol is. I bought one about 3 months ago and finally got it to the range with it a few weeks ago. I could not believe good I was shooting with this gun. The trigger damn near squeezes itself. I was suprised more than once when the gun went off. At 7 yards, I was making one large ragged hole with the 8 rounds. I have never been a big fan of revolvers, but I am glad to have this one in my collection.

·
Registered
171 Posts
My friend just picked one up this weekend at the gun show. We dry fired it and the double-action is butter smooth. The single-action is almost a hair-trigger. Maybe a 2lbs trigger at single-action. Double-action felt like 7-8lbs. I can't wait to shoot it. It feels considerably lighter than the 686.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a R8 and really like it. Fits my hand well. The only thing I was a little disappointed in is the D/A trigger pull. I thought it would be lighter. Otherwise...a neally nice gun and it cost me less that $850.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts