MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just sent my mp9mm out for service today... what have your experiences been... how long do you think it will take s&w to return my pistol?

·
Registered
405 Posts
I'm sure an idea of what was wrong with it would help..guys have said everything from getting it back in a weeks time to several weeks.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Smith & wesson's letter received this week say's:

"Most repairs are completed and the item returned within 2-3 weeks after receipt at the factory."

They will have had mine 2 weeks next Tuesday. I will post as soon as it arrives back home with a new barrel.

:twisted:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
huh i figured it would have been a little a faster than that... im going to end up going through m&p withdraw
.... what was the problem with your barrel?

·
Registered
16 Posts
My M&P9c was sent to S&W to solve the issue of the slide prematurely locking back.

Shipped May 29th, the day after Memorial Day

Returned today June 8th

Not bad.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
PPCmaster said:
huh i figured it would have been a little a faster than that... im going to end up going through m&p withdraw

I noticed small chips missing from the chamber surface after using Blazer aluminum case ammo.

The chips were similar to what might occur when a small rock hits your windshield with a glancing blow. Some of the missing metal zones were in a fan shape. Brass case ammo did not show the problem however aluminum cases punched through and left very small burn marks. The burn marks were noticed when cleaning up at the end of a practice session.

Good luck on the mag drop issue. I have not experienced any of the usual complaints during approx 3000 rnds. Just the chamber problem.

I am confident my problem is one of very low occurance and will be corrected.

:twisted:

·
Registered
134 Posts
I got mine back in about two weeks or so.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Mine arrived this afternoon with a new barrel. 2 wks to the day from when I handed it to UPS.

I did not receive a complimentary magazine however my pistol is back and will be tested tomorrow.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TOF said:
[quote name='PPCmaster']huh i figured it would have been a little a faster than that... im going to end up going through m&p withdraw

I noticed small chips missing from the chamber surface after using Blazer aluminum case ammo.

The chips were similar to what might occur when a small rock hits your windshield with a glancing blow. Some of the missing metal zones were in a fan shape. Brass case ammo did not show the problem however aluminum cases punched through and left very small burn marks. The burn marks were noticed when cleaning up at the end of a practice session.

Good luck on the mag drop issue. I have not experienced any of the usual complaints during approx 3000 rnds. Just the chamber problem.

:twisted:[/quote]

Have you heard of any one else having this issue? or you think its a rare thing to hapen?

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
PPCmaster said:
[quote name='TOF'][quote name='PPCmaster']huh i figured it would have been a little a faster than that... im going to end up going through m&p withdraw

:twisted:[/quote]

Have you heard of any one else having this issue? or you think its a rare thing to hapen?[/quote]

I posted the problem on this forum and a couple of others. No one has responded with indication they had a similar problem. I am operating on the premise that my barrel was made from a one in a million piece of steel with some type of inclusion in it. I realy don't expect to see a repeat any time soon.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I sent my Walther P99 in to S&W and I got it back in 2 weeks. There was no charge, they even paid the shipping costs both ways.

·
Registered
54 Posts
On warranty work, I usually see my weapon in about 7 to 10 days. For non warranty work, they have to recieve my weapon and send me an estimate which I reply and pay by phone. This in it's entirety can take about a month to get it back home.

Dennis

·
Registered
188 Posts
40SX said:
On warranty work, I usually see my weapon in about 7 to 10 days. For non warranty work, they have to recieve my weapon and send me an estimate which I reply and pay by phone. This in it's entirety can take about a month to get it back home.

Dennis

Just out of curiousity, other than new sights, or damage caused by the owner, what constitutes "non-Warranty" work... considering the pistols have a lifetime warranty, no?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
non warranted work would be up to the discretion of S&W; like normal wear and tear wouldn't be covered and the definition of normal wear and tear is up to them; also anything that was accidental to the firearm or caused by misuse wouldn't be covered but they would gladly fix it if they get paid

1 - 16 of 16 Posts