MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me start by saying i do have a S&W MP9... but considering buying a neighbor's SA1911-A1. The pistol is in great shape... 1 mag... parkerized finish... standard blue plastic case... no frills, no mods or no upgrades, just plain SA1911-A1. Manufactured around 1992. 1 owner... What is the value of this gun? I'm thinking about buying it, just wondering what to offer...

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
+1 Might even offer him $375, but that would be a lowball price......$400 is a good used price! Have you had any visions of what you might do to her yet? Or do you plan on just keeping her stock? Either or 1911's are awesome, my fav. pistol!!!! :wink: Wait did I just say that, I mean M&P's....lmao

slow ride said:
You can get a new SA GI45 for $500. I'd offer him $400.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i might start the haggling at 350... and will probably settle at 400. The guy is one of my "better" neighbors... just want to make sure we both are satisfied with the price... will start the haggling after the 4th Guiness.

I don't have any plans for upgrades or mods... just keep it a plain 1911... well maybe a fresh set of grips... maybe a treak here, and a tuck there...

Thanks for the advice...

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Right on brother! Send pics when you get her in your hands!

Ahhhh Guiness.......Off tap at the pub my all time fav. :wink:

gunfish said:
i might start the haggling at 350... and will probably settle at 400. The guy is one of my "better" neighbors... just want to make sure we both are satisfied with the price... will start the haggling after the 4th Guiness.

I don't have any plans for upgrades or mods... just keep it a plain 1911... well maybe a fresh set of grips... maybe a treak here, and a tuck there...

Thanks for the advice...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i also posted the same question on 1911.org forum... no real price estimate so far, but did learn that the NM series, (1st digits of the serial number), is one of the better platforms for customization...

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Around here you can get a bones 1911 a1 for 450. I'd say 350 is a very fair offer.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for all of the advice... i'm off to get a case of Guiness... and maybe a couple of fat cigars to seal the deal...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
follow-up on the SA1911... bought it for $400... great gun, not a blemish on it... shoots great. Neighbor's satisfied, i'm satisfied!

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
+1 on that!!!

As you have already noticed, we got out section brother!!

Oh, got the 3 mec's today very pleased pardner :wink:

coltman1985 said:
It is a great gun. I have a "loaded" version and love it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts