MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use the sentry lock. This is my class "C" rig. I've left room on the belt for a tazer once I'm certified. We can't carry OC or other chemicals. Cell phone holder gets removed from belt on my off days.

Yes, the cuffs are yellow chain hiatts.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ford_shooter said:
Nice Rig. How come you can't carry OC or like chemicals?

Department policy. I work for the transit Authority police. Since we work trains and Buses, contaminating an enclosed area is a concern.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
madecov said:
I use the sentry lock. This is my class "C" rig. I've left room on the belt for a tazer once I'm certified. We can't carry OC or other chemicals. Cell phone holder gets removed from belt on my off days.

Yes, the cuffs are yellow chain hiatts.

I am sure there is... but where is there room for a tazer??? are you talking about the gun or the stick???? just a question-Jason

·
Registered
49 Posts
Nice looking gear. It appears you have a small waist. I have a 40 size waist and can put several more items on my belt. Cellphone holder, cpr air mashk holder, glove holder, knife holder I still have room. I use to be smaller. Earlier days.

rogero

·
Registered
190 Posts
Here is mine:

The SW99 will be getting replaced by a M&P in the next few months

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a 32"waist. The Taser will go just forward of the radio. When I wear the belt there is just enogh room to mount one cross draw.

I am going to order a second 6280 for the M&P (without light) this time of year I don't need the light mounted on the gun.

·
Registered
69 Posts
With a 32 inch waist you must have a lady of a time fitting all your gear on your belt - LOL...

It's a lot easier for "The Bigger" guys - more waist, more belt, more room - LOL ...

But don't be goin' to Burger King now- just so you can fit more STUFF on that belt !!!

·
Registered
237 Posts
I just bought a 6280 and am disappointed in it. No matter how much I adjust the tension screw, there is some forward / backward movement of the gun in the holster. Any other users experience this?? Is there a fix for it???

·
Registered
445 Posts
I'm not a big fan of the 6280. I asked a couple of the guys that have them and most dont seem to thinks its loose. I have one that I used for a while. It in the old holster pile I'll check and post back

·
Registered
201 Posts
The 6280 w/ ALS has served us very well, but that is the standard holster w/out the light. The normal officers dont get a tact light and have regular 6280 holsters. The SWAT guys get the 6280 w/ tact light holster.

Now, the 6280 w/ tact light holster has been a little bit of a problem for some of our guys. The SLS works fine, but the ALS sticks badly and some guys have to double and triple snatch/jerk the ALS to get them out and under stress w/out thinking about it, we all know that isn't going to happen or will happen, but slowly and thats not what we can afford to have.

I dont know why, but the the 6280 w/ light attachment has those issues and we have used the one tension adjustment that doesnt seem to help. I actually switched back to the regular 6280 holster (w/out light attach holster) and simply put the tact light on my belt, on its nifty belt clip rail (M3 light). The difference in speed of draw was very apparent (.5 - 1 sec) faster and NEVER snags or double snatch/cluthces the ALS. In 18 years, I know its more important to get the gun out fast for use than not and I'll worry bout the light issue when I get it out and have cover.

Anybody else had issues with ONLY the light attach 6280's and if so, what did you do to fix them?

Thanks,

K

·
Registered
445 Posts
while I dont like the 6280. I do like the ALS. The holster with the ALS is not a 6280, I think its 6360?

I havent tried it with the light. I have it without the light, and I haven't noticed it sticking. Is this just with the light?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Yep Joe, you're right. The 6360 is the one we have, with the SLS and ALS. I will say the holsters have been great for us and the ALS has been awesome.

Now since the last post about having the snatch problem with the ALS, I have figured out why and we have solved that issue. First (but not the problem solver) is that we had the holsters delivered with plastic screws for the ALS insert. One of our guys had his get stripped and the gun became locked in the holster, thank God it was in a class, not on the street.

Now, the way it was solved was when the plastic ALS insert screw was replaced with a metal one, depending on the holster fit for each gun, the ALS insert could be inserted a little lower or higher and that would hang up and not allow the gun to release quickly. We adjusted mine so it held the ALS insert a little higher and that solved it perfectly. Others MP's had to be adjusted down or in the middle, but we had to adjust the ALS insert to see what fit best.

The 6360's w/ light attachment is our duty holsters and 6360's with light attach and thigh holster is our SWAT rigs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts