MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a MP9 or 40 fit in a holster for the MP 45? I don't know if the slide is the same demention across.

·
Registered
270 Posts
ppd1107 said:
Will a MP9 or 40 fit in a holster for the MP 45? I don't know if the slide is the same demention across.

Different Safariland center codes.

--

Mike

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I figured Safariland had a different code. They don't seem to agknowlege that some guns might fit in other holsters. For example I had a SW 4566. It fit perfectly in the 070 for the SW 4566 TSW although Safariland would not say it would fit or not. I was wondering if a MP 40 would fit in the MP 45 duty holster even though the slide is a bit longer.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Can't say for sure, but I would guess so. The slide is a bit longer on the 45 and the grip is slightly larger, but I don't think either of those things would keep a 40 from fitting in a 45 holster. I would be uneasy about what it might do to the functioning of retention devices on various holsters. I am not sure where all th bells and whistles grab on the the gun in all of the holsters. The smaller ejection port on the 40 could cause problems with some of the systems.

·
Registered
270 Posts
ppd1107 said:
...although Safariland would not say it would fit or not.

Can you say liability?

--

Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts