MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone here on the forum has any good contacts with Safariland, please try to persuade them to make the new model 6360 ALS holster for the M&P45 with a Surefire X200 series light mounted!!! Also advise them to scrap or at least make one without the silly "Hood Guard". I would like to be able to draw my pistol with my weak hand if necessary! I spoke to Sonia from CS today, and she said they still dont have any duty holsters in the works yet for the M&P45. I understand that it is a very new pistol, but c'mon!!!

Anyone with any further info, please advise....

·
Registered
168 Posts
Nick,

This won't come as any big revelation, but Safariland is like most big corporations. Ponderous and slow to respond to "changes" but they put out a very polished product for the most part. I've been running the "straight" ALS holster almost since it first came out and it is very well designed. My main gripe with S'land holsters are that, because the company tends to be duty-oriented, most holsters are bulky and don't conceal very well.

Ha, by the time they roll out the M&P holster, the X200 will have been superseded by the X300.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I hear ya! I also have the Safariland mod. 6351 ALS for my M&P40, and it is a great holster. It seems they have discontinued the 6351 and replaced it with the less expensive mod. 6377. I wore it on my previous plain clothes assignment with confidence. From what I have heard, there wont be much, if any difference dimentionally in the X300 over the X200 series lights. Possibly (Hopefully!) only the reflector/LED will be different with the same size bezel???

I am currently running the 6280 duty holster with my M&P40 w/X200 attached on patrol, without any issues. The 6280 is listed for the Streamlight M3 or TLR-1 weaponlights only, but also works with the X200 for me.

·
Registered
157 Posts
My 6280 is due to arrive tomorrow.

I'm scheduled to qualify tomorrow

It's my day off, so I don't need the holster untill I go back to work.

Oh, yeah. It's for the M&P with TLR-1

1 - 5 of 5 Posts