MP-Pistol Forum banner

Safariland RLS

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  4864 
#1 ·
#5 ·
Bloodnut said:
Honestly, my first thought on seeing that was to wonder what happens when you need to holster a pistol equipped with this device.

This light and attachment were not designed to fit on a pistol to be holstered. It comes off that quickly. If one were to need to holster rapidly, the situation dictates dropping it from the weak hand as soon as it's removed. Holster with the strong hand as always.

Saw this demonstrated many time. The light survived being dropped on concrete.

--

Mike

#8 ·
#10 ·
Josh M. said:
Does it have a 'click' switch, or is it one of those (IMO) lame push for momentary on / tighten for constant on? - Josh M.

Momentary and constant on controlled by the pressure switch on the back end of the light.

--

Mike

#11 ·
I got one of these this week and was not that happy with it. The main reason is when the mount is in the lower or nutral postion as Safariland calls it it does not lock on to the gun.

I must say this:

1. I bought the mount only.

2. I didn't buy one for my M&P. I bought one to use on my AR-15. I did try it on my M&P and it worked great. I like the fact that you can move it from one side to the other and keep your support hand index finger on the trigger guard. But in the lower postion it can come off. I think Safarland made a good mount but they need to make it lock in any postion.

I sent it back because I have a Streamlight M3 for my M&P's. If I didn't have a tac light already I more then likly would have kept it. Right now I want a mount for my Streamlight Scorpion to use on the AR-15. Also, the RLS mount is for 1inch or larger lights which I didn't bother to check on before I ordered.

For $40.00 you can'y go wrong for the mount only.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.