MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will hopefully have a M&P45 with the safety this week. I have always liked the idea of a safety on any gun. Just makes me feel better knowing it is there. What made you want the 45 with the safety??

·
Registered
44 Posts
I transtitioned from a 1911 to a non safety M&P 45, I looked at the safety model and felt the safety itself felt "cheap" and kind of flimsy, made me worry about breakage so I got the non safeety version.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I hate the safety on M&P45...my first reaction when I saw it was 'booo'. I mean why? :? M&P is a great gun and was just fine w/o the safety. I have nothing against 1911s but I hate the 'hold ' it has on other guns...

but at the end it's all about personal prefference...

·
Registered
54 Posts
4864 said:
I have always liked the idea of a safety on any gun. Just makes me feel better knowing it is there.
I agree 100%

Here is the ambi-safety on my M&P45.

In the pic the safety is in the off/down position. When on/up, the safety (red) blocks the trigger bar (blue) from rearward movement. A simple and good design.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The purpose of having the Safety is that is what will be required when the M&P is submitted as the candidate for a new US Military sidearm.

·
Registered
93 Posts
First time I shot one it had a safety. I am a Glock guy and own a M&P 40C. Pointed M&P45 in safe direction, loaded mag, racked slide, took aim at target, attempted to pull trigger.....doh.....safety is on. Yes my fault. But that is all I needed to know that I am never going to carry with a safety.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Mine has none...and if it were to have one I would want a SA trigger as well

I might consider it if they offer it single sided

the pics make it look like that might be possible?????

I don't like Ambi's...not even on my 1911's

·
Registered
403 Posts
Personally, I would be comfortable with a much lighter trigger on my gun if I can engage a manual safety. If it doesn't have one I wouldn't like the trigger any lighter than the factory one.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got mine!!!

I traded my 1006 off yesterday and got a nice .45 with the safety. Just got back from the Range and all I can say is WOW!! I had some crap re-loaded hollow point ammo that didn't feed to well in it. That was the only trouble. I swicthed to 230gr. ball and had she ran fine. Got to get more mags, two is too little. I would have shot it more but my hand hurt after loading up and shooting over 150 rounds.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts