MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sanded down the newer texture on my MP45 2.0. It now feels great. I've had it that way for half a year. I'm thinking of doing the same on a new Shield 45 2.0. Have any of you guys did this or had to do it to keep it from tearing up your bearskin when carrying the pistol under a shirt ? I thought about some Talon Grips but that only makes the grip thicker.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi, yes, I sanded the grip on my 2.0 9mm as soon as I got it mainly because of the edges on my fingers; now it's perfect.

I never wear and undershirt tucked in behind holster/gun so it's always against bare skin. No issues at all with roughness. I tell ya, the more I shoot it, the more I love this pistol :D

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What sand paper type did you use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I used 320 grit fine sandpaper. I sanded just a little at a time. Use masking tape to cover the areas that you don't want sanded just in case the sandpaper goes over the are you are sanding.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
I sanded down the newer texture on my MP45 2.0. It now feels great. I've had it that way for half a year. I'm thinking of doing the same on a new Shield 45 2.0. Have any of you guys did this or had to do it to keep it from tearing up your bearskin when carrying the pistol under a shirt ? I thought about some Talon Grips but that only makes the grip thicker.
I always wear a “wife beater” undershirt under my cover garment; which is usually a Tee. It make carrying very comfortable, and helps keep sweat off my pistols.

I used to carry “bare back” too many years ago to count, but after wearing an undershirt; I’d damn sure never do it again. It really does make a big difference.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I used 220 grit on the left grip panel only. Just a few passes with the sand paper did the trick.
Could you please post a picture of the area you sanded ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts