MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i know this isnt about our M&P's but last night i was at Dicks Sporting Goods and think i found a prospect for a new rifle. It was a Savage Arms model 93R17BTVS. heres a link with a pic: http://www.savagearms.com/93r17BTVS.htm I dont know much about savage, how are they quality wise? anybody have one of these rifles and/or can shed some light for me i would appreciate it.

thanks

PatM&P

·
Registered
223 Posts
My neighbor has a similar model

He doesn't have the wood stock, but it does have the heavy barrel and accu-trigger and it is a great little tack driver.

All the savages I have owned have been great guns, the barrels are fantastic. The are not as pretty as some of the pricey rifles, but all have shot very well.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What do you guys think of the .17HMR??? Ive heard this round is good for coyotes...but then ive read people primarily hunting ground squirrels and rabbits with it... the only thing you can hunt in IL with a rifle is coyotes pretty much....will the .17HMR take a coyote down???

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well i bought when i went to look at it today...ended up buying the blued barrel with the walnut thumbhole stock. Came with a decent scope too, so that should be nice...now a sling and a bipod and im set. ill be sure to post some pics for you guys after i pick it up tomorrow night (dang 24hr waiting period)!!!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Wally world has the all black 30-06 model 10 with accu trigger and a pre mounted scope for $360 in VA. that is the best deal going for a rifle IMO

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well here it is....

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
nice rifle I think you have coyotes worried

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Lets see some groups...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Those are accurate rifles. I have the Ruger. They are

really kind of light for coyotes. We think they are a

little light even for woodchucks. When you shoot a

coyote you'd better slip that little pill in his ear. That

ought to do it.

Zeke

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ill try to post some groups as soon as i get a chance to take it out. i know! i havent even been able to shoot my new gun yet. but it is the middle of harvest and ive been working 7 days a week. hopefully soon i can take it out and post some pics for you guys...

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I've got guns from way back in the day when it was Stevens, then Steven-Savage, and then just Savage! All have been great firearms.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts