MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
yep, I have one... started out as a 10fp-le2

12 oz trigger, trued and timed, 20" douglas barrel with a badger brake(had a vias in that pic) B&C bedded stock.

Its a real dream to shoot.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sweet :twisted: i want one

savage shooter has a tactical stock and match trigger was also thinking on a new barrel chambered for .260 remington

thanks for the pic very nice rifle

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
mine has the Sharp shooter supply recoil lug with the trigger and one of their barrels.. it'll drive a tack at 300 yards all day long...

I'll stick with the tried and true .308

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
well, at 300 yards I kept a 3 shot group at the size of a quarter.. BY ACCIDENT

My dad was spotting and couln't find the shot, I fired 2 more times and then he found them, all touching

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
I'll be building another here soon.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
I started a 338 RUM, that I really need to get back on. Ballistics of a 338 lapua, but alot cheaper to build/reload.

I may use the 300 RUM action I have of find a remmy action and have a barrel built for it.

OR, just another 308 tackdriver, but I always wanted to go really long range.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Nice, I am a complete novice to long range shooting, but I do know you have selected a quality weapon. I found this the other day when searching for information about mil dots. http://www.shooterready.com/index.html Try the demo, it has your .338 , .308 and a 50 cal. I enjoyed the demo and hoped that it may help my range estimates. Here is mine, I apologize, but I dont have any pics yet... http://www.savagearms.com/10fpfoldingchoate.htm I went broke on SWFA out of TX with the Super Sniper scope, Harris bipod and other goodies. I am a bit nervous to launch rounds, but very anxious too.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
I have used that program before, works ok. I like to use unknown's, car doors, building doors, stuff like that. then I range it with my laser.

I'll either use an IOR or a US optics on my next build. I really liked the Super Sniper, but I feel like I need that extra lil bit.

If your out for a good brake, check out the Badger ord. works well without the dust signature, I know, those 20" barrels bark.

Never understood the use of a folder on a LR rifle, can you enlighten me?

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
As far as the folding stock, well I think its more cosmetic than useful. Besides I looked at HS Precision and McMillian stocks and they noramally start at $200.00, so I accepted the fact that the folding stock would be as close to a custom stock that I would get. Badger products are a bit beyond my finacial needs, but a supressor, or brake will be useful in the near future. At first, I got the weapon for target/hunting, but know after more research I think this will be come all precision. But that will be down the road, I do however want to know who painted yours and did you like it painted vs. stock...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 13 of 13 Posts