MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What I got a kick out of was all their favorite guns fell before the M&P. None of them thought it would be as good as their high end, high dollar and favorite carry guns.

Two Glocks, a Walther, etc. and even though they did more mud, water, stepping on it more, etc. the M&P kept working. Almost makes me want to buy another one and I've got a few already.

· Registered
3,068 Posts
They're like peanuts. A few doesn't cut it...you always want more.
Well; I haven’t bought any recently. The Shield Plus I bought last year is the first M&P that I’ve bought in quite a while.
That said, I’m set with that one, and the other four I have (two M&P9s, a 12 round 9c, and a .45 Shield). Then there’s the M&P9 I gave my wife that she shot her first Threat Focused Pistol course with.

Truth be told, I have so many handguns already that it has to be a pretty significant or interesting one for me to consider buying another.

I can’t even say for sure just how many handguns I have. One of these days I really need to break them all out to see how many and what all I have. 🤷🏻‍♂️

· Registered
20 Posts
Non-scientific mud test it's a you tube video, some guy called Garand Thumb

Several popular semi-auto handguns both striker and hammer fired and some are darned expensive, too.
The hammer fired did better than I expected. Non scientific but they were consistent in their method so some valid takeaways. M&P performs well and with their rebates excellent value for the money.

· Registered
7 Posts
Non-scientific, but I believe that the ice test he did - with the M&P 2.0 coming out ahead - was closer to being put under the same 'test' as the other iced firearms. I'm not sure that the M&P had as much mud on it with the most recent test, but between the two of them, and everything else I've heard about modern 2.0's, I have to believe that S&W created something superior here.

· Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If I remember correctly the M&P did so well after the first mud test they repeated it and it once again ran the 5 rounds out of the magazine. Could be wrong about the second time after the mud test being perfect, but they did run it twice.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts