MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a suggestions on a reasonably priced scope for an M&P15T. I don't do any competition shooting, just something to take out to the range. I'm completely new to AR-15s. I'm also wondering what the difference is between a tactical scope and a regular scope.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm thinking 50-100 yrds or less in the several hundred dollar price range, with less expensive being my preference. I have no idea how much variability in range is possible. A good entry level scope would be perfect.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Depends if you want magnification or not. I have an EOTech 552 on my carbine. When I go to a full size rifle, I will probably go with an ACOG and a front bipod. The 552 is good stuff. Today was my first day shooting with it and it was fun.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I have a N Battery Eotech on my PS90 and I love it. I plan to buy an AR later this year, and will be putting another EOtech on it as well - Probably same size.

I have extra N Batteries in my rifle case. But - 200 hours on the N battery - I won't even come close to using that up in 1 year. I'll just swop out batteries 1x a year. I like the smaller size of the N battery setup to the AA battery Eotech.

·
Registered
96 Posts
To thoroughly confuse yourself go poke around at SWFA

Something with an adjustable objective in a 4-12x or even 6-24x like these Bushnell or Tasco scopes

would be good entry level target/varmint scopes.

KO

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
I recommend learning to shoot with the iron sights first. You might be surprised at how accurate you can shoot with irons once you get used to them. This will give you a chance to learn the gun; and in the process you will better know what kind of optic you need. You might be better off with non magnifying optic. But you might be better off with a small magnification optic. And you also might decide you want to shoot at longer ranges which will require more magnification. Until you get comfortable with the gun, you won't know which optic is best for you.

Right now I would get ammo and mags and go shoot!!! :wink:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Or you can do what I do, put on whatever you feel like using that day.

Stock carry handle

RRA Dominator mount with Eotech 512

Model 1 mount with S&W 3.5-10x

KO

1 - 8 of 8 Posts