MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
stupid question..can anyone reccommend how to cover or remove the scratches(any prodcut to purchase).just got gun and got some scratches on it.

thanks..

·
Registered
323 Posts
Is it a used or NIB pistol?

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
i have holster wear from using a blackhack paddle.. i found a solution to stop it, but its already noticable on my gun :*(. Any tricks for this guys?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Scratches and use marks add character.

Without refinishing, I think scratches would be hard to remove from the melonite finish, and you might make it look worse.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys. s+w will redo for 90 or i can send to dan and have him blast to ss. not sure which one. might just leave alone.no biggie.

·
Registered
113 Posts
mad212 said:
i have holster wear from using a blackhack paddle.. i found a solution to stop it, but its already noticable on my gun :*(. Any tricks for this guys?

I have the same wear marks from my blackhawk. What did you do to solve the issue?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Easiest solution - hard chrome the slide - short of U scratching the gun w/ another metal object - no more scratches ever
- I hard chromed 3 slides - the 1st because of holster wear on a new gun w/i 2 weeks. Now, after about 10 months of holstering, not even a mark on it

My SW99 has a melonite finish, and I had it hard chromed. No more issues now

·
Registered
7 Posts
thanks guys. s+w will redo for 90 or i can send to dan and have him blast to ss. not sure which one. might just leave alone.no biggie.

I also just purchased a M&P 40 and scratched the outside of the frame a bit cleaning it before its first use. Does your post mean S&W will touch up for $90? Also, did you learn any more about products that might clear this up?

Thanx!

·
Registered
373 Posts
I also just purchased a M&P 40 and scratched the outside of the frame a bit cleaning it before its first use. Does your post mean S&W will touch up for $90? Also, did you learn any more about products that might clear this up?

Thanx!

If the frame is scratched, I am not sure if anything can fix it short of a replacement. In my opinion, shoot the pistol and move on. In time, every weapon will show wear.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If the frame is scratched, I am not sure if anything can fix it short of a replacement. In my opinion, shoot the pistol and move on. In time, every weapon will show wear.

It's actually the slide, but yeah, I think you're right. I have been a Glock man until I started researching M&P's. As this is my first one I guess I'm being a little "over-protective". Can't wait to get out and put a few rounds in it this weekend!!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Kinda like gettin' that first scratch on a new vehicle...sucks. But, now that it's been done, no more worries. You just gotta remember that these guns are not gonna be collectibles and who cares if it has a few scratches. I have a few PC guns where I've managed to scratch them and about went through the roof but, they're still just shooters when it comes down to it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,234 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
stupid question..can anyone recommend how to cover or remove the scratches(any prodcut to purchase).just got gun and got some scratches on it.

thanks..

I have fixed small marks and scratches in the slide with Birchwood/Casey Permablue -- a cold blue solution. Follow the directions. You dab some on with a paper towel, let it sit a minute, then wipe it off with a damp cloth. Works great for me. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts