MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
S&W + H&K
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across a S&W SD9 FDE Friday afternoon at my favorite Pawn Shop

It was sitting next to a Glock 19X which I wanted but after seeing the price difference & the great condition this SD9 FDE example had I couldn't Put It Down. It was marked $299.99 & The Owner of the Pawn told me he could give me $15 more off the price = 5% which almost covered the sales tax.
Total Cost was $284.99 + 7% Tax = $305 OTD

I didn't see a place to Post just for the Sigma - SW9 - SW9VE - SD9 So I am Posting this in MP-Talk
The M&P Line wouldn't Exist if it weren't for the Sigma as It Evolved from from it.

Mine didn't come with the cardboard box & cable lock but is in 100% New Condition, There isn't even a mark on the magazines white followers or any residue inside the frame or even a Scratch anywhere.
It's the Newest Looking Pistol I have ever Owned Period, Can't wait to get it out & Give it a Shooting.

I see a few marks on the breach face from where it was factory Tested but it is absolutely NEW..
Feed Ramp is still new & Can't find a flaw on the finish anywhere.

I Knew that near the Holidays this year the Pawn Shops would start filling up with "AS New" handguns because the Pandemic Payments had Folks buying who never had before & Now they are hurting for Money & Don't Want to Work so they are selling everything they bought in the last couple years = TV Sets, Video Games, Jewelry, Handguns & Rifles & Even The Ammo.. Mostly 9mm & .380 handguns are coming in.

We Have bought our last five handguns from this Pawn Broker = S&S Brothers in Jeffersonville Indiana
M&P 380EZ, M&P Shield 9mm 2.0, Two H&K USP Compact 40s & Now the S&W SD9

What Great Place To Shop.. Guns, Guitars, TVs, Jewelry, Amplifiers, In fact Our Ashdown 310-410T Bass Amp came from here too.. It's Awesome BTW = Same one Paul McCartney uses in His Home & He Can Have anything on the Planet that He Wants..

The SD9 has what looks to me as a Glock 3rd Gen recoil rod assembly made of polymer..
The Slide & Barrel are Stainless coated in a Tough Black Coating, It has a factory extended slide Lock/Release lever, Has two Stainless steel magazines marked 15 rounds.

I just can't tell you much I am stoked to pick this up for $300 in Todays Market
It is my 1st Colored handgun other than Stainless

Had been looking at a P2000 Hk & a Glock 19X before this SD9 FDE Stopped Me in My Tracks

Looking Threw my Holster Bag I Came Across a OWB Leather Gould & Goodrich Thumb Break Holster for an Heckler & Koch USP Full Size that Fits like it was made for it.. I'd guess a M&P Full Size would also fit the bill.

I will try an find out when this Pistol Was Made by Calling S&W this week, If They'll Even Answer the Phone.
Going to Guess within the last coupe years

This SD9 will become my New Truck Gun

S&W SD9 FDE
Air gun Trigger Wood Everyday carry Gun barrel
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Everyday carry
Air gun Trigger Shotgun Wood Gun barrel
Bumper Automotive exterior Material property Eyewear Everyday carry

Is This Handgun Really USED?

·
Registered
S&W + H&K
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can see that the SW9 Sigma sear spring used to be a coil spring that stacks & now is a coiled leaf type spring.. There are so many different names for these Pistols = Sigma SW9 SD9VE SD9

Action Enhancement Kit for SDVE ---> Looks Like Apex is $54.95 for the Kit
Available in FDE w/ Black safety or Black with FDE Safety or All Black
Font Wood Tool Auto part Fashion accessory

Galloway Precision SD Flat Faced Trigger is $23 & Springs $29 = $52
https://gallowayprecision.com/smith-and-wesson/sigma-and-sd/
Trigger Looks Crude & Unfinished by this Photo
Air gun Bicycle part Grey Automotive exterior Font

·
Registered
S&W + H&K
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is S&W's "Value Edition" line of guns.

They are cheap, not much after market support and the triggers are horrible.

If you passed a p2000 and a 19x for this, I'd suggest making an eye Dr appointment this week.

It's better than a handful of gravel I guess.
The P2000 was $650 & The Glock 19X was $520 both where beat up.
I went back to get the P2000 because I have ten magazines & a half dozen holsters for it being I have a pair of 40 S&W Hk USP Compacts, I forgot to mention the P2000 was a 357 SIG, It GOT AWAY.. DARN. SOLD.
The Glock was just a Glock like any other that had seen a lot of use & needed refinished, The tan slide was rubbed raw..
I went to the eye doctor last week but haven't gotten my new glasses YET!! Thanks BTW..
The SD9 is NEW & Cost $285
As far as combat auto pistols go I have a Shield 2.0 & a 380EZ + The two H&Ks
This SD9 is going to be a car/truck gun.. I know you get what you pay for..
Brown Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Wood
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Font

And Now this Smith & Wesson
Air gun Trigger Revolver Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
38 Posts

It was sitting next to a Glock 19X which I wanted but after seeing the price difference & the great condition this SD9 FDE example had I couldn't Put It Down. It was marked $299.99 & The Owner of the Pawn told me he could give me $15 more off the price = 5% which almost covered the sales tax.

I didn't see a place to Post just for the Sigma - SW9 - SW9VE - SD9 So I am Posting this in MP-Talk
The M&P Line wouldn't Exist if it weren't for the Sigma as It Evolved from from it.

Mine didn't come with the cardboard box & cable lock but is in 100% New Condition, There isn't even a mark on the magazines white followers or any residue inside the frame or even a Scratch anywhere.
It's the Newest Looking Pistol I have ever Owned Period, Can't wait to get it out & Give it a Shooting.

I see a few marks on the breach face from where it was factory Tested but it is absolutely NEW..

I Knew that near the Holidays this year the Pawn Shops would start filling up with "AS New" handguns because the Pandemic Payments had Folks buying who never had before & Now they are hurting for Money & Don't Want to Work so they are selling everything they bought in the last couple years = TV Sets, Video Games, Jewelry, Handguns & Rifles & Even The Ammo.. Mostly 9mm & .380 handguns are coming in.

We Have bought our last five handguns from this Pawn Broker = S&S Brothers in Jeffersonville Indiana

What Great Place To Shop.. Guns, Guitars, TVs, Jewelry, Amplifiers, In fact Our Ashdown 310-410T Bass Amp came from here too.. It's Awesome BTW = Same one Paul McCartney uses in His Home & He Can Have anything on the Planet that He Wants..

The SD9 has what looks to me as a Glock 3rd Gen recoil rod assembly made of polymer..
The Slide & Barrel are Stainless coated in a Tough Black Coating, It has a factory extended slide Lock/Release lever, Has two Stainless steel magazines marked 15 rounds.

I just can't tell you much I am stoked to pick this up for $300 in Todays Market

Had been looking at a P2000 Hk & a Glock 19X before this SD9 FDE Stopped Me in My Tracks

Looking Threw my Holster Bag I Came Across a OWB Leather Gould & Goodrich Thumb Break Holster for an Heckler & Koch USP Full Size that Fits like it was made for it.. I'd guess a M&P Full Size would also fit the bill.

I will try an find out when this Pistol Was Made by Calling S&W this week, If They'll Even Answer the Phone.

S&W SD9 FDE
View attachment 18416 View attachment 18417 View attachment 18418 View attachment 18419 View attachment 18420

Cool now get an apex trigger kit for it.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
S&W + H&K
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Apex Trigger looks well made from polymer
But which one?? FDE or Black w FDE Safety?
I will have to shoot it first just to see how it goes
The hinged trigger works well on my Shield 2.0 but felt a Shield Plus trigger & it felt better to my Finger
My newly acquired SD9s trigger is far better feeling than the old Sigma or SW9s

Font Wood Auto part Tool Fashion accessory
Font Auto part Coil spring Art Fashion accessory

I Just Shaved My Old White Beard Off & Look 20 Years Younger
Like back in the Day when those two Heckler & Koch's Where NEW
Need a haircut NOW, NOTE in the Picture a Childhood Photo of My Twin Brother Jerry who passed away this year & Myself = Gary & Jerry, Me on the Left & Jerry on the Right
Rest in Peace Brother Really Miss You
Gary/Hk
Jaw Neck Sleeve Helmet Sports gear

If you See this Guy on the Streets RUN AWAY

I have always called this pair of Pistols "The Fraternal Twins"
Air gun Trigger Everyday carry Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
11 Posts

S&W SD9 FDE
View attachment 18416 View attachment 18417 View attachment 18418 View attachment 18419 View attachment 18420

That’s a nice gun. Not a thing in the world wrong with the new model SD9. I have one in all black and love it.

·
Registered
S&W + H&K
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Everyone keeps telling me to "Get an Apex Trigger for the SD9"
If I could get it as good as my Shield 2.0 I'd be happy
S&W Tells me the born on date is August 2020

·
Registered
22 Posts
Everyone keeps telling me to "Get an Apex Trigger for the SD9"
If I could get it as good as my Shield 2.0 I'd be happy
S&W Tells me the born on date is August 2020
What are you asking sir? If you are wondering about the end results of an APEX Duty - Carry trigger upgrade I can tell you from experience with my first generation 9C it was well worth it. I do not know if APEX makes the upgrade available for the SD9. You'll need to research that on the APEX web site.

·
Registered
S&W + H&K
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Went bye a Pawn Shop in Louisville this morning & they had SD9VEs & SD40VEs for $399ea USED
$285 I Paid sounded GREAT after seeing that
I looked behind the counter & saw a case with several different gun manufacturers names & one was marked S&W & asked to see what was inside.. Magazines..
They had SW9 SD9 & SD40 + some unknown double stack 45 magazines
Bought one of the SD9 magazines for $28 which is all but new
I will NOTE: that all three I have now have an H on the magazine body

Got me a new neck scarf face mask today in color
Looks nicer than the Black/White one above

Photo of the three magazines & SD9 + Neck Scarf
Gary
Air gun Trigger Machine gun Wood Gun barrel

·
Registered
S&W + H&K
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I noticed a few other parts on this S&W marked with an H & it came to me = Hardened
Trigger Bar & Unlocking Block & Magazine shell have an H on them
Who would have thought a bargain handgun under $300 would peak my interest
White Air gun Trigger Grey Gun barrel

What am I asking myself SIR? Why doesn't everyone know about the SD9/40?

Folks want to upgrade the triggers on their M&Ps Too

Now to decide between the Galloway Precision or the APEX Tactical Trigger Kits for the SD9
The Galloway is a flat faced & made of carbon fiber
The Apex is a curved face & made of polymer

Gonna leave it stock for a while & see

·
Registered
S&W + H&K
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks @Rocketeer25
And Welcome to the Forum
I see you joined two hours ago & this was your 1st Post
I'm fairly new to this Forum Myself

Didn't see anywhere to post about Non M&P S&Ws so I posted it here

HAPPY THANKSGIVING
Beak Grass Terrestrial animal Wild turkey Grassland

·
Registered
225 Posts
That is S&W's "Value Edition" line of guns.

They are cheap, not much after market support and the triggers are horrible.

If you passed a p2000 and a 19x for this, I'd suggest making an eye Dr appointment this week.

It's better than a handful of gravel I guess.
I will put my SD9 up against ANY 9mm you want to challenge it with.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I noticed a few other parts on this S&W marked with an H & it came to me = Hardened
Trigger Bar & Unlocking Block & Magazine shell have an H on them
Who would have thought a bargain handgun under $300 would peak my interest View attachment 18451
What am I asking myself SIR? Why doesn't everyone know about the SD9/40?

Folks want to upgrade the triggers on their M&Ps Too

Now to decide between the Galloway Precision or the APEX Tactical Trigger Kits for the SD9
The Galloway is a flat faced & made of carbon fiber
The Apex is a curved face & made of polymer

Gonna leave it stock for a while & see
The Galloway trigger and Wesbaun spring kit.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts