MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've removed the mag disconnect safety from my MP40, using Dan's instructions, and all is right with the world

I'm curious though, if the sear disconnect lever is actually needed for normal function of the pistol, since it does not have to be used for field stripping.

Anyone? Anyone?

Thanks,

Scott

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I am would have to say you would likely be fine without it.

But I really don't like taking my M&Ps down by pulling the trigger. If you notice when you do this the trigger pull feels heavier and grittier. This leads me to believe that it may be hard on the sear/striker. Not to mention I did have a friend ,whom will remain nameless, that shot his dryer while taking down his Glock.

Dan

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah....that whole 'Ensure the chamber is clear' step of taking down a Glock....(or any other firearm) can be quite annoying.

I'll let you know about the sear thingy :wink: It would make removing the mag disconnect easier....wouldn't need a filler spring.

I, of course, will disavow all knowledge of this post.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Dan Burwell said:
I did have a friend ,whom will remain nameless, that shot his dryer while taking down his Glock.

Dan

With the holy bajesus scared out of him, I bet that wont ever happen again.
Bad way to lose a friend.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
i put a hole in my ceiling striping my sigma. I was cleaning about 10 guns and just some how didnt check like an idiot :oops: <lowers head in shame>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts