MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I updated all my internals on my very early FS M&P 40 to do the Apex thing. It was an LEO trade-in, so I figured a thorough refurb was in order. The gun came together great, but the SHB is one of the newer ones with the ILS hole, so I could install the Apex RAM. You can see in the picture that there is nothing directly butting up against that sear pin, because this SHB wasn't really designed for this frame, though it drops right in. This hasn't been an issue because the pin stops at the frame and doesn't have enough length to affect the function of the pistol. I wish I could call that good enough, but *I* know it's there. I was thinking about wedging a little piece of black plastic or something in there. Any suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
It looks like the safety lever delete frame inserts are backwards. The one on the left side has greater internal length inboard and should be on the right side which will keep the pin from doing that as much if at all. When a safety is installed the right side is longer inboard for the same reason.

Caution: Pseudo-science and / or amateur photos may be embedded in this post.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The tabs have a certain shape to them, so they only go in a certain way. The extra material on the left side plug holds the ejector in. The right side plug is shaped different toward the bottom, so the SHB wouldn't seat in the frame if it was on the left side. I need to grab my old SHB when I get back home and see what the difference in shape was on that side

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Can you peen the pin? Or mildly bend it? A thin layer of JB weld over it from the outside like a cap and sand flat if it doesn't look good? Buy pin material and cut a longer one?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Just had my 1.0 .40 apart the other day.

Isn't the sear pin head larger on the left side of the pin? Doesn't it insert from the left side only and the larger head seat into the sear cage/frame rails?

I can't see how the correct pin can work it's way through the cage like that from the left side.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/689860

1 - 5 of 5 Posts