MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the sear for the M&P 45acp the same size as those found on the M&P 9mm?

Also, are the factory night sights any good or should I opt for standard sights and then replace them with aftermarket stuff?

I have a M&P 9mm now and love the way it points and shoots. After 300 rounds, trigger is pretty good, however, I have two sears on order and was going to follow Mr. Burrell instructions and put a modified one in. I would like to do this to the 45 also, that is, when I buy it (may be this weekend) and if the 9 and 45 sears are the same.

·
Registered
190 Posts
The factory night sights are as good as any normal after market sight. I'd buy the gun with them installed.

·
Registered
559 Posts
NCPatrolAR said:
The factory night sights are as good as any normal after market sight. I'd buy the gun with them installed.
Are the night sights the same height as the standard ones? I bought mine without the night sights since I'm easily confused, and just want the front one.

Who offers a front night sight of the correct height?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
revchuck said:
'm easily confused, and just want the front one.
You may want to consider the Trijicon SA37Y 3 dot set with two colors. Bright green up front and less-bright yellow for rears.

·
Registered
559 Posts
sholling said:
[quote name='revchuck']'m easily confused, and just want the front one.
You may want to consider the Trijicon SA37Y 3 dot set with two colors. Bright green up front and less-bright yellow for rears.[/quote]

I've got Wilson Combat night sights set up that way on my Commander. It's better than all green, but not as good as the front-only setup I have on my B92 Brigadier, Colt Gubmint Model and S&W M13.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts