MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran my second box of 100 rounds of WWB through my MP40 yesterday. The gun had been thoroughly cleaned and lubed since first range trip. The results were:

1) Slide locked back after second round fired. Sling-shotted slide to chamber next round and had no reoccurances of lock back for remaining 98 rounds.

2) I can consistently cause the locked back slide to automatically go into battery and chamber a round when I insert a loaded magazine, even one that is short loaded to 10 rounds. This is not by slamming hard or anything like that. It is with no more force than I use to insert magazines into any of my handguns.

3) Consistently shot about 2" low and 2" to the left of POA. Decent sized groups (for me), just not at POA. This was at 20 feet, with the front sight dot ON the bullseye (the motorized target carrier on my assigned lane was malfunctioning and would not move out beyond 20 feet
)

Even after tons of dry firing and now 200 actual rounds fired, I still have a gritty/grindy section in the middle of my trigger travel.

While I like the feel of the MP40 in my hand, I have to say that right now, my satisfaction with the function and quality of the handgun is somewhat less than 100%. Right now, if I had to choose between my MP and my XD, I would easily have to choose the XD. If the MP trigger had been better out of the box, it would have been a tighter race between the two.

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
I know my target 40 will be seeing MR Burwells hands soon. I have put ALOT of rounds through mine(over 10k), and the trigger has smoothed out, but everyone keeps telling me that Dan can make it better.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Gritty trigger

The gritty/grindy feeling trigger is caused by the trigger bar engaging the saftey plunger. You can shoot it as it is and mabey it'll smoothen out over time, or you can fix it your self using the trigger job .PDF instructions found in the Trigger Job thread.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I am an XD enthusiast!! But I also am an M&P enthusiast.. I totally here you when you mention the "gritty trigger". The trigger, compared to the XD really is gritty feeling. For a few bucks, I think this can be fixed.. as for shooting low and left, that may be a matter of the shooters ability.. If I remember correctly, shooting down and left is usually attributed to anticipation. I would have to look at the chart to be sure, but I think I am right. That kind of makes sense with the long gritty pull of the M&P. Personally.. I shoot a little down and left, or up and right.. It's not the triggers fault.. I just need more practice! LOL I suck.. I admit it. but I am getting better.

Raymond

1 - 4 of 4 Posts