MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Obviously, I love guns (see why I'm broke).

Here is a list of my current and former collection of guns (guess I really belive in my 2nd Amendment right):

My Current Gun Collection:

• S&W M&P 40 (40 caliber) with 4 magazines with a Blackhawk Carbon Fiber Serpa lock holster;

• Browning HP Practical 9mm with 2 factory 10-round mags and 4 13-round aftermarket magazines;

• S&W 1911 5” stainless in 45 ACP with 5 Wilson Combat 8-round stainless steel magazines and an Uncle-Mikes kydex belt holster;

• CZ75B SA 9mm with a Hogue rubber finger wrap-around grip, 2 16-round Mec-Gar mags, 3 15-round mags, and 2 factory 10-round mags with a Fobus paddle holster (this is my favorite gun, I like it better than any other gun I’ve owned, but I haven't shot my Browning Hi-Power or M&P 40 much yet!);

• CZ75B Compact SA/DA 9mm with 2 10-round factory mags and a Fobus paddle holster (this is my concealed carry gun);

• Springfield XD 4” 9mm with Night Sights 3 15-round magazines and a Fobus paddle holster;

• Beretta CX4 Storm Carbine 9mm with Bushnell Red Dot Scope and extra full-length Picatinny rail;

• Ruger Mini-14 Ranch Rifle-Stainless with black composite stock and Sightron 3x9x40 riflescope and a Bi-pod, and 1 10-round factory mag and 2 20-round stainless steel after-market magazines.

Previously Owned Guns:

• Smith & Wesson 38 Special in Nickel, 5-shot model 10 revolver (okay, but sold it for money) I wish I’d kept this;

• Smith & Wesson model 4040PD 40 caliber semi-auto pistol, stainless steel;

• Smith & Wesson model SW99 (same as a Walther 99) 40 caliber black pistol with stainless slide (blackened) and barrel and 2 extra magazines;

• Witness 40 caliber semi-auto pistol in Nickel finish and two extra mags;

• Glock model 35, 40 caliber pistol and two extra mags;

• Glock model 35, 40 caliber pistol & two extra mags (bought both Glock model 35s brand new and extra mags for both of them brand new, couldn’t decide if I liked the gun but I finally decided I didn’t like it the 2nd time I bought it any better than the first time I bought one);

• CZ 75B SA/DA 40 caliber full size in nickel (beautiful gun and shot perfectly, I just don’t care for SA/DA triggers that much);

• Remington Model 700 ADL in 243 caliber rifle with a Sightron 3x9x40 scope;

• AR-15 Armalite in 223 caliber;

• Ruger model GP100 in 357 magnum revolver;

• Springfield XD 4” in black (owned this same gun on two occasions);

• Springfield XD 5” black Tactical in 40 caliber (only gun I ever had that failed to go into battery multiple times with every mag loaded; sent it back to the factory and when returned I still had the same problem, finally got rid of it);

• Springfield XD 4” with a stainless slide in 40 caliber;

• Winchester 12 gauge (model ?) pump shotgun (every time I pumped it the spring flew out);

• High-Standard 20 gauge pump shotgun (which I still wish I had it but loaned to my son and never got it back; so I gave him the cleaning kit and gun case too!);

• Savage model ? 12 gauge single-shot shotgun;

• Ruger KP89 stainless 9mm semi-auto pistol (never any problems, just didn’t like the bulky feeling of the gun).

·
Registered
215 Posts
Yep, that's why you're broke. That's why we're all broke.....that is, those of us that are, like me.......but it's a disease, I'm telling you.
:roll:

·
Registered
307 Posts
I for one am a little surprised you listed all your guns and mags on an open forum.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Only 7 on hand ? That ain't broke , when you get 10 times that number ON HAND ...THEN your broke ..crap that means I'm broke ......

·
Registered
25 Posts
Let's see, from what I can remember owning(including current pieces):

Ruger P95DC

Ruger Mark II 22/45

CZ100

Glock19

Beretta P92 Custom Carry

Kahr P9

Ruger GP100

Taurus 85UL

Taurus 85

Smith 637

Marlin 22LR rifle

Remington 870 Express

Ruger 10/22

Kimber Pro Carry

Springfield Loaded M1911-A1

HS2000

Kel-Tec P11

Kel-Tec P32

Kel-Tec P3AT

Kel-Tec Sub 2000

Taurus M44

Another Ruger GP100

Another Kel-Tec P32

Olympic Arms Plinker AR15 A1

Smith&Wesson M&P 15

Ruger M77 Mark II

Sig Pro 9mm

Sig Mosquito

Beretta P92FS Vertec

Maveric 88 12ga

Marlin 336W

Sigarms GSR Revolution

Another Taurus 85UL

Smith MP40

Steyr M40-A1

S&W Sigma 9mm

Romanian AK47

Browning Buckmark

Ruger Mark II target

Ruger Mark III Hunter

That's all I can remember anyway...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JohnN said:
I for one am a little surprised you listed all your guns and mags on an open forum.

Why, most of them I DON'T HAVE ANY LONGER, and the few I do, well, let's just say that if I get an unwelcome visit, that S&W will be waiting on them. The one's I do have are locked in a safe set in 6" concrete and if they want them that badly they are really going to have to work to get them out, before I get home, since I also carry some in my vehicles.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SquireSCA said:
Let's see, from what I can remember owning(including current pieces):

Ruger P95DC

Ruger Mark II 22/45

CZ100

Glock19

Beretta P92 Custom Carry

Kahr P9

Ruger GP100

Taurus 85UL

Taurus 85

Smith 637

Marlin 22LR rifle

Remington 870 Express

Ruger 10/22

Kimber Pro Carry

Springfield Loaded M1911-A1

HS2000

Kel-Tec P11

Kel-Tec P32

Kel-Tec P3AT

Kel-Tec Sub 2000

Taurus M44

Another Ruger GP100

Another Kel-Tec P32

Olympic Arms Plinker AR15 A1

Smith&Wesson M&P 15

Ruger M77 Mark II

Sig Pro 9mm

Sig Mosquito

Beretta P92FS Vertec

Maveric 88 12ga

Marlin 336W

Sigarms GSR Revolution

Another Taurus 85UL

Smith MP40

Steyr M40-A1

S&W Sigma 9mm

Romanian AK47

Browning Buckmark

Ruger Mark II target

Ruger Mark III Hunter

That's all I can remember anyway...

Actually, when I was away from my PC for awhile, my wife sent this post to embarrass me. But, I have to admit, that is why I'm broke. Do (did) you like the Steyr M40-A1?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sparkman said:
[quote name='JohnN']I for one am a little surprised you listed all your guns and mags on an open forum.

ROGER THAT!!!![/quote]

Gotta go now, brother-in-law and I are going to his range today, and I want to try out my M&P 40 with the new slide stop!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
You'll never know.....

I would never list my guns on a forum like this!!!

I'd be too embarassed because I only have 14 guns! :oops:

·
Registered
25 Posts
buckeye49 said:
Actually, when I was away from my PC for awhile, my wife sent this post to embarrass me. But, I have to admit, that is why I'm broke. Do (did) you like the Steyr M40-A1?

The Steyr was a great gun with two exceptions:

1) While it was comfortable to hold and shoot, the rear of the grip would dig into my hand to the point that I had scabs and it was sore to the touch. If you are only shooting 100 rounds or so, it's not too bad.

2) Relibaility was poor. I put almost 500 rounds through it, all types and brands. I had a 1 out of 15 failure to feed. I tried cleaning it, lubing it, switching brands, testing for limp-wristing, you name it. I figured that maybe it had to break in, but at almost 500 rounds that should not have been an issue.

For those two reasons, I traded it in, took a $100 loss and stepped up to the MP40.

I read on the Steyr forum of many other people with the exact same problem. I did not feel like sending it to the factory onece or twice and waiting a couple months to get a defensive gun that worked the way it was promised to put of the box. Screw that. Went back and had to decide between 3 guns that I had narrowed my search down to:

Glock 23

MP40

Browning FNP40

Then I narrowed eliminated the Browning as I wanted the trigger pull to always be the same.

The Smith just felt better, so I went with that.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SquireSCA said:
[quote name='buckeye49']Actually, when I was away from my PC for awhile, my wife sent this post to embarrass me. But, I have to admit, that is why I'm broke. Do (did) you like the Steyr M40-A1?

The Steyr was a great gun with two exceptions:

1) While it was comfortable to hold and shoot, the rear of the grip would dig into my hand to the point that I had scabs and it was sore to the touch. If you are only shooting 100 rounds or so, it's not too bad.

2) Relibaility was poor. I put almost 500 rounds through it, all types and brands. I had a 1 out of 15 failure to feed. I tried cleaning it, lubing it, switching brands, testing for limp-wristing, you name it. I figured that maybe it had to break in, but at almost 500 rounds that should not have been an issue.

For those two reasons, I traded it in, took a $100 loss and stepped up to the MP40.

I read on the Steyr forum of many other people with the exact same problem. I did not feel like sending it to the factory onece or twice and waiting a couple months to get a defensive gun that worked the way it was promised to put of the box. Screw that. Went back and had to decide between 3 guns that I had narrowed my search down to:

Glock 23

MP40

Browning FNP40

Then I narrowed eliminated the Browning as I wanted the trigger pull to always be the same.

The Smith just felt better, so I went with that.[/quote]

SquireSCA:

I think you made a smart decision going to the S&W M&P. There is one thing that I cannot stand in a gun (whether I shoot it that well or not and whether it is ugly or pretty) and that is it must be totally reliable. So far, my M&P 40 has been fully reliable, and all I shoot in it are my reloads (Winchester 231 powder, I think about 4.2 or 4.3 grains and Berry Mfg. 165 grain copper plated bullets). I load using a Dillon RL550B machine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts