MP-Pistol Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some may have seen, I have a Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm up for trade in the "for sale" section. Its been there for about 2 weeks, with plenty of views, but no one expressing interest.

Last night I get home from work and have a PM from Seikoguy, not only expressing interest in a trade for a M&P9C (the exact pistol I am looking for) but also questioning shipping proceedures. So to me, he is/was a person interested in doing business.

I delightfully reply with as much info as I could, plus offering up extra pics if requested.

Then this morning, to my disappointment, I get another PM from Seikoguy stating he believes he was "premature" in making the trade offer. Now yes, I know its HIS gun and HIS final desicion as to what to do with it. But as I told him, the saying "a man is only as good as his word" actually means something, at least to me it does. :roll:

I myself have done a few other trade deals in the past, and I followed thru with everything I said, offered, and was asked to do, to make ALL the trades go smooth and so both parties would be 100% satisfied. Maybe that is why I am so sore about this.

To some, this all may be a bit overboard on my part. But either way, others who may get any offers from Seikoguy, know that this may happen to you as well, and you've been given a "heads up" on it.

The Guinea

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have made numerous deals in the past with other members of this forum - all you need to do is scroll down this forum to see the positive feedback that I left for the people that I have actually made purchases from to see what I mean. When I received Brian's (aka guinea), there was something in his attitude that rubbed me the wrong way, and made me reconsider trading with him. The old adage, "buy the seller" came to mind. I politely declined the trade, offering my apologies, and that was the extent of things. If I am to be tar and feathered, so be it, but I have a good history of prior trades with other members where I had sent cash for firearms. This is my last and final comment on the matter as I simply have no interest in being dragged into the gutter any further.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seikoguy said:
I have made numerous deals in the past with other members of this forum - all you need to do is scroll down this forum to see the positive feedback that I left for the people that I have actually made purchases from to see what I mean. When I received Brian's (aka guinea), there was something in his attitude that rubbed me the wrong way, and made me reconsider trading with him. The old adage, "buy the seller" came to mind. I politely declined the trade, offering my apologies, and that was the extent of things. If I am to be tar and feathered, so be it, but I have a good history of prior trades with other members where I had sent cash for firearms. This is my last and final comment on the matter as I simply have no interest in being dragged into the gutter any further.

My "attitude"? You're kidding right? Maybe a little "cut,copy,paste" of our PM's sent will shed some light on your very strange issue with my "attidue". Which was nothing short of kissing your a$$ in the joy of finally being able to find an M&P9C for trade.

Seikoguy (first PM)
Seikoguy said:
Dear Sir,

I have an unfired, new-in-box MP9 compact that you may be interested in. My FFL will accept a firearm from a non-FFL sender. Will your FFL accept a shipment directly from me, a non-FFL holder?

My reply: Hello Lee,

To be honest I am not sure if they will or not. Due to the fact that I have not chosen a particular dealer as of yet. I used to do my trades through Gander Mountain, but there was WAY TOO MUCH red tape involved with them. There are a couple of local gunshops that I can call and ask tomorrow what their proceedures are. Being I live in Illinois (one of the most strict states in the Union) some guns stores are more particular than others depending on what county they reside in.

BTW, thanks for expressing interest in a trade. Do you have pics you can e-mail? A few different profile shots would be great. And please, give me your e-mail address and I have several pics I can send as well. Plus I can take a couple pics of the inside of the slide and frame so you can see what good shape I keep this pistol in.

My e-mail address is [email protected]

Also what config is your M&P9C? IL or no IL? Mag disconnect? Details would be much appreciated.

Thanks again, I hope to hear from you soon.

Brian

Seikoguy (second PM)
Seikoguy said:
http://mp-pistol.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=7307

Brian,

I took a group shot of my M&P "family" which you can see in the link above. I spent some time thinking and perhaps it was a little premature of me to have considered trading it away. As such, I'm just going to keep it for the time being so I won't be able to follow through with a trade. Sorry about this. There is someone selling a M&P 9C on the forum and perhaps he'll be amenable to a trade.

My reply (now disappointed of course)

Lee,

I would like to say that I am 100% ok with this, but I can't. I would not call what has happened here on your part as "premature" but to be honest, it's downright ignorant.

Maybe you should heed to the saying "think twice" next time, so you do not get someone elses hopes up. And also look up the saying "a man is only as good as his word". Maybe then you'll understand my level disappointment.

Seikoguy (final PM)
Seikoguy said:
I understand your disappointment and can only offer my apologies again. Goodbye, and have a nice life.

You sir, a term which I use quite loosely, have dragged yourself into your own "mud". By backing out on a deal for nothing more than the simple fact of cold feet. I could care less how many other deals (cash or not) that you have made. It was a deal you welched on with me that has caused this issue.

I am through as well. For those who have delt with you in the past and transactions have gone smooth, good for them. But to future potential members, they can read for themselves that you simply got cold feet, nothing more.

The Guinea

·
Registered
76 Posts
oh okay, I'll do it.............

Guinea - I gotta tell you, with no dog in this race, I'm with Seikoguy on this one. It was a trade, he changed his mind, he seemed to do so respectfully. You lost nothing but some time, and what's a few days between friends? I'd hate to do a trade unless someone were 100% okay, and he wasn't.

Now, if I had driven 100 miles to get something and his mind changed, I'd be a bit torqued. But golly, it was a couple of emails. My input - unless you lighten up a little, the only one looking a bit ragged here......... is you. IMHO.

That's my take, sorry for the unsolicited input.

·
Registered
348 Posts
gotta go with seikoguy here, i had to back out of a trade recently, and as far as I know, me and that person are still on good terms.

what is done in PM is meant to stay in PM, and unless it results in outright dishonesty and theft, it probably should stay that way.

YMMV, IMO, ETC, AL....

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Guinea, I'd chill out.

Seikoguy had an M&P9c, and his FFL all lined up. You had a storm you wanted to get rid of and had done NONE of the legwork yet. Seikoguy asked if you had an FFL who would take a shipment form a non-ffl. Your answer was no, so the trade didn't happen. Someone inquired as to the terms of the trade, didn't like them, and said no. There is nothing wrong with that. It's not liek you swapped pertinent info and had agreed to the trade yet.

If you really want to trade, line up an FFL so you can give a good answer rather than seem like too much work, which is what I suspect happened.

The bare facts make you look unprepared. Your tone makes you sound unreasonable to the point I suspect that you will not be trading your storm on this forum simply because nobody wants the hassle or to deal with yoru overreaction.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL. Wow. Looks like I am the only one so far who is old school and does not go back on his word, offer, what have you. :roll:

You're right raz-O. I probably will not get any further trade offers thru this forum. And that sits fine with me. I woud rather not get an offer as opposed to someone backing out for no good reason. BTW, "unprepared"? A simple phone call to a local gunshop is all I would have had to done. Anyone who has dealt with FFL's before should know this.

And please, to any mod reading this, delete my thread for this trade in the "for sale" section. I will complete this trade elsewhere.

Good day ladies.

The Guinea

·
Registered
76 Posts
so now you post up insulting the rest of us? You brought it up and provided a great deal of input trying to prove your point. We said you didn't and now WE are Ladies? What's "old school" have to do with it? Good thing we didn't take your lunch money.

As for the thread...... I'd suggest leaving it. It IS the feedback section.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
newskate9mp said:
As for the thread...... I'd suggest leaving it. It IS the feedback section.

"And please, to any mod reading this, delete my thread for this trade in the "for sale" section. I will complete this trade elsewhere."

Good thing I put the "for sale" section in quotes. Thats the thread I asked to be deleted. Not this feedback thread. Please read a post more thoroughly next time. Thanks.

The Guinea

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
children children.... I have had a couple "almost" buyers but at the last minute backed out. I will not lose sleep over it was I upset yes but hey I still sold what I was selling. We are all adults here...

Plus when dealing with those who backed out I will gladly do it again you cannot blame someone for overlooking..IMHO

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
I don't see in any of the posted PMs that a final agreement was made. In fact, guinea clearly hadn't made up his own mind to accept the trade since he was asking seikoguy a bunch of questions about the pistol's configuration, asking for photos, etc.

You can't say someone backed out of a deal or broke his word when no agreement had been reached. Challenging someone's integrity over this is very poor form, imho.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Sometimes trades just don't work out over the internet.

There are a couple things to keep in mind:

-No money changed hands

-No guns changed hands

This makes things fairly simple. Although it is upsetting when someone backs out on a trade, nobody has lost anything.

My advice is to leave your ad up and maybe someone else will trade with you. If you want your ad deleted, just PM me and I will delete it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.