MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To finance my new M&P .45, I am considering reducing my current gun inventory but my question is should I trade them in to a local dealer or try to sell them online? I have a S&W 642, a Keltec P-32, and a H&R model 926 (.38 S&W). The H&R probably will not bring much but do you think that I would get more for the others selling them outright? Of course, there is the hassle factor to consider of listing them for sale, shipping via a FFL, accepting payment, etc.

Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences pro and con.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
If you sell anything yourself you will always get a better value for your merchandise, but it could take a while. However, if you trade your merchandise you will get an instant value on your product, but less of a profit. The choice obviously is yours, but do your research online and know what you have to bargain with before you go in blind to local gun dealer. I would just take the loss and trade-in the weapon and not mess with the hassles of weapon transfers, etc. IMO, good luck...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I agree with Morgan Walker, do your homework first so you know what the appoximate value of your trade-ins are.

Whatever you get for trade-in should come off the top of the cost of the new gun. Thus reduces your overall sales price and thus the sales tax. It's not much but could be up to 9% and every little bit helps.

I'd wait until next Friday and take advantage of S&W's free magazine offer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts